Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 12:23am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,823 posts

has anyone signed up the closed beta, i got above average chance so hopefully i get in (fingers crossed) if you signed up what chance did you get?

I actually did after I saw your thread..got the same chance as you (above average)

I'm surprised at how minimal they were with the questionnaire

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 6:45am

Cristinatron

Cristinatron

140 posts

I really enjoyed Oblivion and completed it a long time ago. I only just started Skyrim yesterday and I am enjoying it so far. :-)

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 9:14pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

Just a question, what is the general life longevity of a Dunmer? Logic dictates that it would be as long or slightly less than an Altmer's 1000-2000 years, since they are a descendant race of the Aldmer.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 12:44am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,378 posts

I don't know, you'll have to google it or something. But that means that if they do live that long then the Nerevarine could still be alive on Akavir!

I really wish Morrowind would have included the Nerevarine's trip to Akavir.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:57am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

@dragonball: it doesn't take a moderately ok gaming PC to play morrowind at max settings. I played it just fine on an integrated graphics card (meaning really sucky) except for when I went into a city in which case the frames per second suffers but as long as you look down and stay inside a building when in a city as much as possible then it's quite manageable. What's your computer's processor? That could provide some sort of clue as to what your graphics card will be like.

@Manly

I have *copies and pastes*:

AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65 GHz

Hope that is what you were asking for :P

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 9:43am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,378 posts

I'm no expert but that should run it just fine.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 12:02pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,378 posts

Actually looking at that more carefully you might not be able to run it. What year was your computer made and what was the approximate price range of it?

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:33pm

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

Also which HD Graphics card? Given the processor you may struggle. Also, god forbid you mod the game (then again, YMMV: I modded the everloving crap out of Morrowind and it fell to bits. I modded the everloving crap out of Oblivion and it's more stable than vanilla, which I don't understand, since I'm running about 200 of them.)

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 5:35pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

I did some digging, and found that Divath Fyr was 4000 years old at the time of TES III: Morrowind, and Queen Barenziah was about 500 at the time of her death. Divath Fyr, of course, was an incredibly powerful wizard, and used his magic to alter his lifespan. Queen Barenziah is a much more realistic example of how long a Dunmer can live. A Dunmer who is not a wizard, is healthy, and does not take many risks is generally taken by old age between 500-1000 years. This could imply that my character in Skyrim, Vided Nightfire, was alive and well during the Dagoth Ur Incident. I also found that a healthy Altmer non-wizard dies of old age between 1000-2000 years.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 7:17pm

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

Barenziah eh? Supposing you read the unedited chronicles of The Real Barenziah, I'm surprised she even lived that long xD

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!