Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 11:51pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

It looks like my computer's from 2009. Price range? Couldn't tell ya :P

HD Graphics Card: tried finding that, but didn't see it checking the way I knew how to look. I have Windows 7 and tried dxdiag, but if the information for Graphics Card I have was there, I didn't recognize it as that. So another I don't know haha

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 11:59pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

Well It might work on max (unodded) settings, my computer before it was upgraded had an intel HD graphics card (unspecified model like yours) and it worked well enough (though low FPS in cities) and intel (also my PC too was made in 2009) is known for having completely worthless graphics cards so you would probably be ok.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 12:06am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Alright cool, might get around to trying Morrowind some time just to have it in my list of awesome games played.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 1:20am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

Mind you though that the fighting sucks. You hit or miss a target based on your skill in your weapon. Meaning that I could walk up to someone with a bow and shoot it at them dead in the chest at point blank and my archery skill was low then chances are I'd miss them.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 4:00am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Ha that's cool, makes it more interesting. That would be ridiculous if/when it missed that close, but I'd at least get a good laugh out of it later after I stopped raging that I just died because of it :P

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 7:51am

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

I have Windows 7 and tried dxdiag

You should be able to find your card under control panel -> device settings.

I'm not sure if ATi has an autodetect service on their website, they might, and that'd also tell you.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 10:01am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

It's worse than you'd imagine, you got your major and minor skills and everything else. With your major and minor ones you can hit pretty consistently from the start (about one out of every three or so swings/shots) with your minor ones you can count on being dead before you get more than a hit or two in. Be sure to have more than one major/minor skill involving combat, I was a n00b my first game and only had one, I ended up starting a new game after realizing how bad mine was after a good 17 or so hours. Also with levels up you need to level up 10 skills ( same skill or different skills) but you will only get points toward leveling up by leveling up major or minor skills.

@strop: I think that's as specific as we can get, my old integrated graphics card said nothing more than: intel GMA HD graphics, which turned out to be a type of intel graphics cards and here are several cards called that (but with more so as to be specific in the factory I suppose) but even when I looked up the model number I don't think it said anything more specific.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 5:38pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

Does anyone know when the Elder Scrolls online beta invite will be given away. I have put a lot of effort in my sign up so a answer would be nice.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 7:33pm

Moe

Moe

1,783 posts

AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65 GHz

From what I can find this is a HD 6320, and overall should be roughly twice as powerful as the recommended hardware when Morrowind was released. I wouldn't guarantee it would run perfectly but I see no reason for it not to.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 8:14pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

They have said nothing as to an exact date but they said that they'd post it one Facebook twitter etc. when the invites get sent out.

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!