ForumsNews and FeedbackPay to win MMOs

6 4405
horsekateer
horsekateer
1 posts
Nomad

First of all I'd like to say that I'm all about paying for games that are worth it and when available, giving the developers and programmers and companies money for what they've worked so hard for. That being said, does anyone else hate these pay to win, limit the amount of time I can play "MMOs"? It's bad enough the mobile gaming market is completely flooded with them, but I really feel like since Armor has started really pushing them my experience on the website is not near what it used to be. I feel like I'm being peddled these sub-par experiences just to make money instead of any number of much better games that could easily be making money as well. Believe me, I am all for AG making money and continuing to be the great website it is. But why not just turn more great games into apps and really push those like they did with Kingdom Rush?

Obviously these MMOs are popular but for the life of me I cannot understand how or why. What do you guys think? Why would you rather play a game that limits your time played and is constantly asking you to pay real life money for in game bonuses vs just finding a better game to pay for free or for a reasonable one time fee?

• 6 Replies
itman2
itman2
37 posts
Jester

i don't agree cause if you have to pay no-one will go on them if i was you i would have a directors cut so you could see what the games like first and if you like it you could buy extras

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I just ignore the MMO's all together, the only one I played was deazone and that one you could get by pretty well without paying. If it annoys you so the then just ignore the MMO's.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Don't even go near Doom Forge.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I've tried a think a few...and none of them are &quotay-to-win"...maybe &quotay-to-have-a-chance-to-do-better"

Any specific MMOs?

StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

lol if you are talking about any MMO where some gameplay is pay only well most MMOs well either end up like this either from the start or as they get closer to the end of beta stage.

In my opinion if an MMO is going to use real money they shouldn't force it for any area of gameplay other than items, but said items also have to be able to be obtained by the non-paying players too.

In any event a game is only pay to win if part of the gameplay is only capable with real money, but if it isn't pay to win if you can catch up to the money users without going the same way.

Showing 1-5 of 6