ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion - "Undercover" accounts.

7 3501
Lulzshock
Lulzshock
19 posts
Blacksmith

Hello,

I'm a little bit of a gamer, and have recently become a flash game enthusiast. (Alright, over 2 years ago, but it FEELS recent since there is SO MUCH)

But, unfortunately, I spend most of my time playing during my down time at work. And here I can't have the games make any sound (Due to having to constantly monitor the sound coming from my computer for my job.)

This means every time I launch a game I have to mute it. It's not a big deal, at all, but I was thinking it would be cool if we had a profile option that automatically turned the sound off in every game. This would help people like me, people playing late at night, and people who are just trying to hide it.

Would this be possible? Good or bad idea?

• 7 Replies
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

I think that would be a great idea. I suffer from the same problem (though not in the work area) and really wish that there was some sort of way to do that. The only problem that I see is how this would be incorporated into every game. Or maybe would there be some sort of "master volume control" located somewhere on the site, for those without AG accounts?

Either way, I am in full support of your idea.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You guys do realize that if you do need the sound on for another purpose...you can open a browser twice..and then user the "master volume panel" to turn down the volume for the browser with AG?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

When I play late night... x)
But you could just turn off your speakers... lol.

Lulzshock
Lulzshock
19 posts
Blacksmith

Pangtongshu, that doesn't solve the issue anymore. At least not for me on either two computers I use. I find now I have to mute Flash player itself, and a new flash player is opened every time I go to a game page. Therefor I end up having to mute each game.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

What's so difficult about muting each game? In any case, if we want such accounts, won't the devs have to tinkle with every submitted game, or submitters have to go through the hassle of adding such an option?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not a bad suggestion... Seems feasible. Might as well see what the admins have to say about this.

How hard is it to mute flash player? It might take a few secs, but if it's not hard, then I don't see any major problem.

Showing 1-6 of 7