ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

299 102123
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

A good day I bid all ye artfull, creative and skillfull citizens of ArmorGames! =)

It's fair to say that the revival of the Armatar Contest was a big success, with lots of wonderful and original entries for the Thanksgiving season, but... we're aiming for more!!

So let's continue this old tradition and surpass the first edition with even more entries of your original drawings in the second launch: The 2012 Winter Edition!

Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
And remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable, a mod or admin will give the decisive answer for submission.

Do note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... remember that all submissions will likely go up in batches preceding or during the actual season/holiday, and that they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster as we approach the next theme.

We look forward to seeing your contributions, so pick up that pencil, start up your art programs, get your brain into overdrive and do your best to make 'em look good! =)

• 299 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@MrDayCee: I forgot to mention that your Christmas tree is really nice. I like it

Do more?

Of course
I have another one. I think that, in English, they're called The Three Wise Men. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
I'm not sure, but maybe the background is a bit too dark.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/ReisMags3negresinvertits100x100_zps52a18e57.jpg

P.S.: I have to admit that I'm running out of ideas. Let's see if I can do some more...
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm rather surprised that no one has tried to do Old Man Winter. But I do have the female counterpart...

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/icequeen-1-1.jpg

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I really like the 3 wise men, kegaumongo!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

@dapro
Bend the arms down. They look out strait out like that. keep them strait, just angle them down a little.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

*They look odd strait out like that.
sorry

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

General notifications:

# Images made with brushes are not allowed for submitting. The reason is very simple... we cannot confirm whether the person posting them is the actual artist or not and we don't want plagiarism. You are always free to ask me about it nevertheless.
To be clear about it: those that do plagiarise an image/work that has been made by others are excluded from this and any future contests.

# A short attempt was made by Cenere (thank you!) to revive the contest a while ago and submissions from that contest are free for submitting in this one as long as they are according to the Winter Theme.

And last... best!

# The first batch of Armatars will be available soon. They are selected and will be given out asap! Yay!

-------------

@ pickpocket (1) : I made the candles this big on purpose actually... if the image is scaled down, you won't be able to see them anymore.

@ 70_70_70 (1) : I have to agree on the whole 'snowball fight' here... you are getting carried away by a single topic. Try to make another armatar with a different topic. Making several ones containing a figure throwing (a) snowball(s) is too much, ok?

@ pickpocket (2) : The image looks nice, but what you could do is try to have the elf/dwarf/midget come out more by making it bigger inside the square. I assume you made the complete image bigger to begin with? =)

@ 70_70_70 (2) : Deleted your image of the 'Machamp' character. What does it have to do with the contest?! Off-topic posts are deleted on sight.

@ TheRed555 : I have to agree... what does your image have to do with Winter and/or Christmas? Could you please elaborate a little?

@ pangtongshu : Don't wait too long with submitting one...

@ xXxDAPRO89xXx : Will you be changing your armatar to have it tweaked then? Just asking... =)

@ kegaumongo : Gaudi! Que bueno! Now that's what I call original! Excellent!! And thank you! =)

@ Bronze : That's some 'cool' lady there! =)

And I'll add my latest work as well! Haven't seen any presents yet, so...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8270292948_7682d0c4fb_m_d.jpg
Surprise!

Anyone else up for some artful submissions?! Looking great so far! =D

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'll do one, most likely on Friday after my exams finish.

Can't wait 'til I can use one of these.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ho Ho Ho!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Whoa, a lot of good ones this time. Good job everyone!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

This is definitely an armatar for Frank; Chrome did good.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm so tempted to change my armatar...must fight urge...ugh.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Glad to see a lot of enthusiastic responses on the first batch! =)

But the winter hasn't exactly started yet... so it's still time to make your winter themed armatars people! Be creative! Be artful! Be original! Grab that pencil or mouse and make your own piece of art for others to enjoy!! =D

If there's enough people who want/need help on how to create stuff, I'll consider making a quick 101 thread on how I make my submissions... we'll see!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

For mine, should the star be changed?

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/Armatarhouse.png

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/Armatarhouse2.png

And should the moon be outlined instead of filled?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3688/3d01f212fee348b08fa03ca.png

It's no use... I can't make one. :/

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Thinner arms and I think its good, dapro.
Emp, outlined moon, smaller 1st star.

Anyways, woo hoo, 3 of my armatars are up, including the santa stealing a present from a little girl, Mr. Cool and Slender! Yippy!

Showing 106-120 of 299