ForumsPopular MediaBooks you wish were movies.

27 11645
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Everyone likes books right? So which one do you think would be an interesting movie?

For me I think the Artemis Fowl books would do great as a movie.

• 27 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

The Bartimaeus Trilogy would be a great movie series. Killersup loved the book series so much, then they ****ed up the ending so bad that Killersup screamed in rage in the middle of math class...

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

So which one do you think would be an interesting movie?

A lot of them. The problem is, movies usually screw the story over. They change it, cut it apart, and have dumb special effects and poor acting. I wouldn't wish any book I liked the horrible fate of becoming a dumb movie. Just look at what happened to Eragon, The Golden Compass, The Hunger Games, etc.

Now, if they were to become -good- movies that didn't leave out parts of the story and had good acting/special effects, that's a whole other thing.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The world needs another big budget sci-fi war movie like Starship Troopers. Two books that would be perfect for that are The Forever War ( by Joe Haldeman) and Old Man's War (by John Scalzi).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

For me I think the Artemis Fowl books would do great as a movie.

YES! Only problem is...they should hire a real actor to play Artemis and not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..

Also..Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I know they made a tv show out of it..and I plan on watching it
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..

Kid Actor?

Also..Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I know they made a tv show out of it..and I plan on watching it

There are plenty of Chinese dramas of it. And movies based on tiny slivers of that period; but you can't expect even a 3 hour epic to include everything. Try Red Cliff.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The Golden Compass,

That one turned out well, they just had too many star actors.

Anyway, if they went to a good director, I would like to see The Chronicles of Darkness, Walking Chaos, and maybe some of Artemis Fowl.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

animorphs (all of the books, they could make a movie-series or three to five movies with the entire story)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The book i'm reading Divergent. So much action. It's relatively new. Have any of you guys read it? :3

Hikakin_Fan
Hikakin_Fan
396 posts
Lord

Maybe the rest of the Percy Jackson seires?The first one came out like 1 or 2 years ago.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I don't really think that any book deserves to be ruined by Hollywood. Geezus, can't they think of origional content?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Geezus, can't they think of origional content?

What's so wrong about using a book plot for a script? Unless people stop setting ridiculously high expectations to cover every single minute detail, then every book will be ''ruined''. In any case, they're two different mediums.
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

fallen angels by walter dean myers

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Kid Actor?

Needs to be in his teens..but at least one that knows what the **** he is doing. Don't want it to end up like Diary of a Wimpy Kid

There are plenty of Chinese dramas of it. And movies based on tiny slivers of that period; but you can't expect even a 3 hour epic to include everything. Try Red Cliff.

I'd imagine a few movies for it...like LOtR

As for Red Cliff..I plan on watching it..but I have my reserves. Read a summary from the back of the movie and it seems that it completely favors Cao Cao. I also imagine it would focus a lot on the action and not the impactual significance that battle had for the war and the strategical workings of Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong (as well as minor, but oh so important scenes where Zhou Yu tries to outsmart Zhuge...only ending when Zhuge pretends to be outsmarted so that Zhou could focus on the battle)
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I think the Ravens gate by Anthony Horrowitz should be considered.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Needs to be in his teens..but at least one that knows what the **** he is doing. Don't want it to end up like Diary of a Wimpy Kid

There are actors who look sufficiently boyish.

As for Red Cliff..I plan on watching it..but I have my reserves. Read a summary from the back of the movie and it seems that it completely favors Cao Cao. I also imagine it would focus a lot on the action and not the impactual significance that battle had for the war and the strategical workings of Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong (as well as minor, but oh so important scenes where Zhou Yu tries to outsmart Zhuge...only ending when Zhuge pretends to be outsmarted so that Zhou could focus on the battle)

The battle scenes are merely tasty fillers. Much of it is the conversation and court scenes.
Showing 1-15 of 27