ForumsPopular MediaBooks you wish were movies.

27 11671
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Everyone likes books right? So which one do you think would be an interesting movie?

For me I think the Artemis Fowl books would do great as a movie.

• 27 Replies
AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

Pendragon series

djdodd56
djdodd56
1 posts
Nomad

the rangers apprentice and the dragon king trilogy

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Maybe The Demonata? But I guess it would bw classified as horrow so maybe also The Darren Shan Series ?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Oh I also think they should've made Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw. I mean seriously they skipped a book.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I did try to think about this until I realized that all the movies they have made from books that I have read did not do the books justice by any stretch of the imagination. The only one I can think of that turned out alright was The lion the witch and the wardrobe. Then two more Narnia movies followed and things started going downhill. I will keep my books as books thanks.

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
162 posts
Nomad

Some books I wish were made into movies would be Ender's Game, and Ender's Shadow, by Olson Scott Card. Although they are not a series, they portray the same story. The books are very teen friendly in the way they are written, but they have very in depth and hidden concepts and morals that most would skip over.

Another book that I wish was a movie would be City of the Sun by David Levien. This book is more for adults, as it deals with kidnapping of a child, and all the steps the family has to take to get their child back. It's quite a graphic novel with many twists and turns and a "tearjerker" ending. Definitely fit to be a movie.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

[quote] Some books I wish were made into movies would be Ender's Game, and Ender's Shadow, by Olson Scott Card. Although they are not a series, they portray the same story. The books are very teen friendly in the way they are written, but they have very in depth and hidden concepts and morals that most would skip over.

Ender's game will be released 2013 July as a movie.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post.

They need to try again with Eragon. It is one of my favorite series of all time, Yet also it is the worst movie.

They really messed up with it. They NEED to try again.

_Sonia_23
_Sonia_23
3 posts
Nomad

Divergent definitely should be made into a film , but only if it does the book justice and captures the action going on with in the book .

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Sadly, there are more books and concepts (computer games) that should not have EVER made it to film.

I would LOVE in all my hearts, to take said failed concepts and make them into something respectable.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

@FALLEN950 the Enders books were fantastic and I agree with you 100% that they should be movies. The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings would also make a great movie, as well as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by [b]Seth Grahame-Smith.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

Oops I meant to Bold the name at the end.

Showing 16-27 of 27