ForumsThe TavernAre you in your right mind?

31 6766
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So I was thinking, and I got to wondering how many people here are right-side dominant in their brain (in other words, are you left handed?)

Also curious as to whether you feel oppressed because of majority of objects are designed for the right hand dominant?

~~~Darth Caedus

• 31 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My brother is left handed for writing, but right handed every thing else. Adaptation, or quirkiness, I have no idea.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Wait, you mean this is unusual? In basketball, when you're going for a layup, you're supposed to jump off the opposite foot from the hand you are using to lay the ball in, so it seems like most people would be more coordinated in their opposite foot. Or maybe this applies mainly to basketball players.

I personally play soccer (Football) and most players use their writing hand as their kicking hand. I also jump with my right foot as well so maybe it is natural to use your opposite foot for jumping.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I write with my right hand, I kick with my left foot.

That isn't unheard of, I think there's only one person who's left handed on my team but about half of them are left footed.

you have to be able to do stuff equally well with both of your hands.

'Equally well?' Even if you're ambidextrous chances are you're going to have a preferred writing hand.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

annoying to do with my left hand is use the mouse on my computer. So uncomfortable.

i never found that annoying. and its not a problem for me to use the mouse with my left hand either.

but god the scissors. i used to have such problems with scissors but now i have no problems at all since my right hand balanced it out.

My grandpa is very religious and he thinks that I'm a sign from the devil. I would say it is annoying but I can understand because of his age.

i think that might be the reason my teachers messed me up.

I write with my right hand, I kick with my left foot.

im the exact opposite. i write with my left and kick with my right
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

Yes, and i think it is really annoying!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well I can't write legibly with either hand....does that count?

That makes you Ambisinistrous. Actually, everyone is Ambisinistrous according to urban dictionary.

'Equally well?' Even if you're ambidextrous chances are you're going to have a preferred writing hand.

No kidding... Think about it, you have a preferred writing hand, but you can write equally well with your other hand. That statement doesn't mean anything.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

MY left hand is pretty useless to me. What can i do with it...?
Maybe hold something. Or catch a baseball. Other than that... Meh xD

Katnip28
Katnip28
24 posts
Nomad

*sigh* typical right-hander over here. i tried teaching myself to be amidexterous one day but then my left hand started cramping cuz i tried so hard XD left hand is just not my thing. my dads left-handed tho!

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

im addicted to crack and meth so probably not

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I was born left handed. I carry things, write, eat, practice fencing etc. with my left hand but I play basket with both hands.

MY left hand is pretty useless to me. What can i do with it...?
Maybe hold something. Or catch a baseball. Other than that... Meh xD

That's not the case with me. Since I've learned using the computer at a very young age (5 years old) I have only learned to use the mouse with my right hand and find it too difficult to do this with my left hand! It might seem strange, but I was too young to think of it myself!

As many of the other writers i this thread, i tried to teach myself to write with the right hand as well but not too hard. I still haven't learned it though.

My mother used to be a left handed, but her teachers in the elementary school forced her to learn to write using the right hand unfortunately!
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i am left-handed.

how can someone be right-ear/eye dominant?

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

lefty right here! B*****!!!

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

how can someone be right-ear/eye dominant?

See better in one eye?
Hear better in one ear?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

See better in one eye?
Hear better in one ear?

well, then i am right-eye dominant. i wear glasses but my right eye is a little bit better than my left eye.

and i am left-ear dominant because everytime i yawn my ears pop but my left ear pops more often than my right one.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

My left eye is better than my right eye.

I'm not too sure about my ears, though.

Showing 16-30 of 31