Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

BB code suggestions

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 10:35pm

Alexandra222

Alexandra222

3,002 posts

Wow, I didn't expect something like this to happen.

I don't really understand you example of a use of edit post.

Another example is say you are using a roleplay and you need 5 characters to start

Without the edit post you have to continue to post this and people will have a hard time finding the updated version. I know it sounds stupid but theres also another use. Say you have categories so people can determine whose who.

Knights
Jester:
King:
Peasants:

But this is mainly for roleplays where it's mostly character interaction and you don't have health bars or stuff like that. But it also works best in games such as yggdrasil where you don't have to constantly post the tree health and end up with confusions. You can just continue to edit the first post changing the health bar, weathers etc.

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 11:24pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,472 posts

Knight

I can foresee trouble arising from that...two people having an argument/debate then one person deletes and edits certain parts of their posts to make the other look like an idiot..

Many forums' edit buttons show the previous text, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 3:13am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

two people having an argument/debate then one person deletes and edits certain parts of their posts to make the other look like an idiot..

Usually people in the debate forum quote a lot, so if someone edited their own post to make someone else look bad it would make them look stupid.

Many forums' edit buttons show the previous text, so it wouldn't be a problem.

And, if it doesn't show that, it usually shows something like.
Last edited 'insertdateandtime'

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 3:17pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,482 posts

Knight

I've been thinking lately that we can have different codes like spoilers, titles, codes and we can have emoticons.

I can see the usefulness of spoilers and titles, not sure what you mean by "codes", but I'd hate to see emoticons. Another one I think would be useful is underlining.

Reply to BB code suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!