ForumsNews and FeedbackBB code suggestions

13 4058
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

We currently only have 5 bb codes/tags bold, italic, link, image and quote. I've been thinking lately that we can have different codes like spoilers, titles, codes and we can have emoticons. I already know about the colour text rule but what about the other ones? I'm sure those who are new to forums are going "what is a [insert bb code tag here]" and I don't recall anybody talking abou something like this in particular(let me know if this has already been suggested before).

I have found a site that has different bb codes that we can use(don't bother commenting about the actual site, I just found it)It's in this link

And we can also have a "strike" code where the word can still be read but it's crossed out.

• 13 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Does this work?

Anyways... We basically already have all of that. Minus the underlines.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Does this work?

There is no color BB code for AG, and HTML is disabled in the forums.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

And we can also have a "strike" code where the word can still be read but it's crossed out.

If edit post is implemented, I'd imagine this is what it would be

We don't have spoilers or titles (spoilers would make it so you'd have to click "show" to be able to see it...title would make a line..bigger?)

As for emoticons...you have a keyboard in front of you
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That's for text emoticons. Image emoticons require image posting, which could be simplified with emoticon tags. But I think image emoticons are not needed when they can be made in text.

[quote]And we can also have a "strike" code where the word can still be read but it's crossed out.

If edit post is implemented, I'd imagine this is what it would be

[/quote]

I don't really understand you example of a use of edit post.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But I think image emoticons are not needed when they can be made in text.

That's essentially what I was saying

Like over at Kong..when you edit a post, if you are taking something out or want to change something..it doesn't delete it..it just puts a line over it (but you are still able to read it)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

But I think image emoticons are not needed when they can be made in text.

You are the only person to have the emotional range less than Hawking. The keyboard typing emoticons are very very limited.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

it doesn't delete it..it just puts a line over it

No it doesn't, you can remove all of your test from a post in Kong.
There's a different thing to use strikethroughs, iiac, it's _strikethrough_ but it's been a while since I've used Kong.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It would be nice to have something like Emoji (from iPhone) to use... But currently the text ones are sufficient. ;P
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No it doesn't, you can remove all of your test from a post in Kong.

I can foresee trouble arising from that...two people having an argument/debate then one person deletes and edits certain parts of their posts to make the other look like an idiot..

It would be nice to have something like Emoji (from iPhone) to use... But currently the text ones are sufficient. ;P

It might just be me...but I'm not a fan of the goofy emoticon things. Like what I'm saying now with 2 thumbs up at the end and a smiling/laughing guy...or when someone posts an idea instead of someone saying what they like about it..they just put a smiley face or something
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

Wow, I didn't expect something like this to happen.

Another example is say you are using a roleplay and you need 5 characters to start

Without the edit post you have to continue to post this and people will have a hard time finding the updated version. I know it sounds stupid but theres also another use. Say you have categories so people can determine whose who.

Knights
Jester:
King:
Peasants:

But this is mainly for roleplays where it's mostly character interaction and you don't have health bars or stuff like that. But it also works best in games such as yggdrasil where you don't have to constantly post the tree health and end up with confusions. You can just continue to edit the first post changing the health bar, weathers etc.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I can foresee trouble arising from that...two people having an argument/debate then one person deletes and edits certain parts of their posts to make the other look like an idiot..

Many forums' edit buttons show the previous text, so it wouldn't be a problem.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

two people having an argument/debate then one person deletes and edits certain parts of their posts to make the other look like an idiot..

Usually people in the debate forum quote a lot, so if someone edited their own post to make someone else look bad it would make them look stupid.

Many forums' edit buttons show the previous text, so it wouldn't be a problem.

And, if it doesn't show that, it usually shows something like.
Last edited 'insertdateandtime'
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've been thinking lately that we can have different codes like spoilers, titles, codes and we can have emoticons.

I can see the usefulness of spoilers and titles, not sure what you mean by "codes", but I'd hate to see emoticons. Another one I think would be useful is underlining.
Showing 1-13 of 13