ForumsForum Games(Gaming tournament) Super Star Showdown 2012: Kongregate vs Armor Games

664 85270
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

http://i45.tinypic.com/taos3p.jpg

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Super Star Showdown series. An annual tournament for gamers from different forums to come together and compete against each other.

This edition will feature Kongregate against Armor Games. Gamers, from either forum may enter. Up to sixteen players per forum. Once enough people have signed up the tournament will begin.

The tournament follows a single elimination style structure. That means you will face one opponent per round, with the winners moving on and the losers going home.

The champion, gets rewarded with a trophy sig and avatar. Which is a specially designed art piece to commemorate their victory.

Here are the rules:

1. Scores must be submitted as a screenshot. No other proof will be accepted.

2. All rounds last for exactly 3 days (acording to GMT.) Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

3. Hacking is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification.

• 664 Replies
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Just noticed they do ordinary tournaments for money every now and then.. I think we have no chance at all.......

No, there are no professional gaming tournaments held on Kongregate.

But the gamers signed up from their side are extremely good.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But the gamers signed up from their side are extremely good.

While our side features a good number of newbies...
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Read my name and say that again. I didn't make this up for lulz. I've got skill: I can and did once fight off 20 creepers in Minecraft, without any weapons, and without any of them blowing up. Yeah, that's pretty impressive, right?

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Read my name and say that again. I didn't make this up for lulz. I've got skill: I can and did once fight off 20 creepers in Minecraft, without any weapons, and without any of them blowing up. Yeah, that's pretty impressive, right?

I'll be truly impressed if you are able to fend these guys off. They're some of the best you'll find on any forum.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I hope they dont use hacks..... But since im verry good myself, this would be a great challenge for my skills. I would love to defeat waves of kongregate waves, just to prove im better than some pro players from the other side.

P.S. They are evil !!!!

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

I think i'll join for Armor Games if there is enough room

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i guess ill join. havnt really played anything seriously on ag for a long time though. i honestly hope none of the exit paths will be there since i stopped playing a long time ago and i would stick to the old shortcuts

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Dont worry, I'm good.
So, are these all going to be flash games, or will there be some Forum Games too? If there are any, I will OWN. I doubt it though-this is my first tournament, so someone want to explain the basics to me?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Is the same is the usual tournaments i suppose. Like complete some game of Hardcore and post results, and if you have higher than everyone else you win, and the last one loses and quits?

gamermartin
gamermartin
276 posts
Farmer

how do you post a screen shot on google chrome?

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

As long as you don't have a Mac, it won't matter what browser your using. Press the PrtScn (or "Print Screen&quot button on your keyboard. Then go to Microsoft Word and paste it.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

I'm going to post this link to the Orange Electrican Major (remember that leo?)

This should give you guys a better outline as to how I run my tournaments.

It also shows just how far back Leo and I go on this forum. Lol.

You can take a screen shot by pressing the print screen/system requirement key, followed by the insert key. Then open it up in paint and paste it there. From there you're free to crop it down to the size you need but remember it needs to be legible.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Update:

I am proud to release the first promo Super Star Showdown avatar.

Available to anyone who likes my tournaments.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2r2nays.png

Unfortunately, Armor Games doesn't let you use your own avatar.:/

RawrMan57
RawrMan57
14 posts
Nomad

But..but i play both! D:

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'll join in. A few questions beforehand though.

Are Kongregate users signing up here...? Or is there a corresponding thread on the Kongregate website?

How does elimination work?

Do we have a set number of entries, or is it unlimited until the time limit ends?

Showing 16-30 of 664