ForumsForum Games(Gaming tournament) Super Star Showdown 2012: Kongregate vs Armor Games

664 85368
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

http://i45.tinypic.com/taos3p.jpg

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Super Star Showdown series. An annual tournament for gamers from different forums to come together and compete against each other.

This edition will feature Kongregate against Armor Games. Gamers, from either forum may enter. Up to sixteen players per forum. Once enough people have signed up the tournament will begin.

The tournament follows a single elimination style structure. That means you will face one opponent per round, with the winners moving on and the losers going home.

The champion, gets rewarded with a trophy sig and avatar. Which is a specially designed art piece to commemorate their victory.

Here are the rules:

1. Scores must be submitted as a screenshot. No other proof will be accepted.

2. All rounds last for exactly 3 days (acording to GMT.) Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

3. Hacking is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification.

• 664 Replies
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Are Kongregate users signing up here...? Or is there a corresponding thread on the Kongregate website?

they have the same thred on kongregate.

also I will join.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Are Kongregate users signing up here...? Or is there a corresponding thread on the Kongregate website?

they have the same thred on kongregate.

Actually last time i checked they were full after around 2 hours? And there are more ppls who want to join. Those guys are active 24/7 and play games all day long.
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

Actually last time i checked they were full after around 2 hours? And there are more ppls who want to join. Those guys are active 24/7 and play games all day long.

Who, then we are going to get dimolished.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Whoa there -_-⢠awesome confidence

So update on who is all signed up?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

nah, its just that we have more silent lurkers who dont draw attention and then STRIKE with their power of awsomness (and the boredom which causes them to play so many games XP)
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

That is not to say that the AG roster isn't full of a few decent players....
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Of course I remember Josh. >

I was going really well. I was going to go straight to the final and then you suddenly decide you want to play me. *Confident face* I've got this .

*gets 3:24 on TITOLT* I'm so going to win jo..

*josh gets 2:37*

FUUUUUUU.

That was ages ago when I had dial up. I would say good times but they were absolutely horrible.

Don't expect to win so easily this time josh.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Alright so I went through the orange electrician thread and I saw that the people got to choose their the games. Is this coming back? Also I love how you can switch midway through the tournament if you got the top score.

So much more depth then what I'm used to.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

The tournament will begin with the assessment round on Monday, December 17th 2012 at 12:00 AM GMT.

Here is the current sign up sheet for Kongregate:

1. devourer359
2. Blizzard2000
3. MyNameIsNothing
4. tracymirkin123
5. jho05013
6. eProdigy
7. TwistedCakez
8. helltank
9. DragonArcherZ
10. SamsterSamster
11. Jaskaran2000
12. SilverEvil
13. WiiPlayer113
14. AdeebNafees
15. T6salt
16. MaistlinRajere
17. Hamuka
18. LouWeed
19. ZombiesTookmyTV
20. aturtledoesbite

and Armor Games:

1. Leo99rules
2. IAgreeWithYou
3. PangTongshu
4. xerox
5. killersup10
6. Clancy12
7. Iamthemostmanlyman
8. theEPICgameKING
9. gamermartin
10. Runescape124
11. thebluerabbit
12. Kasic
13. letâsgome_gome

We've got a great group of players, so far. But Kongregate still has the edge on our gamers overall. We're going to need a few more strong competitors to level the playing field.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Alright so I went through the orange electrician thread and I saw that the people got to choose their the games. Is this coming back? Also I love how you can switch midway through the tournament if you got the top score.
So much more depth then what I'm used to.

Thanks for the kind words. Normally, I do something different for each tournament to give it a unique feel.

Occasionally I'll bring something back from a previous tournament. But it's kind of rare. This is the 21st tournament that I've hosted and I haven't used the "shadow magic" rule since the Orange Electrikan Major.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

3. PangTongshu

Da heck...

Don't mean to be rude or anything...I'm just a stickler about my name...&quotangtongshu" (lower case all through)
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

You should probably change Pang's name. He doesn't even let you do it at the start of the sentence. Pang nearly killed me last time I used a capital.

*waits for pang to see what I did*

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Can you change my name to "Xxerox"? This is my real nick. I want they to know me by my real one instead of "xerox"

Im sure some of them know me....

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

yeah, and mine was letsgome but I had to change it cause of some retarded glitch

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
564 posts
Nomad

Joining in. Go ArmorGames! Filled with fames!

Showing 31-45 of 664