ForumsGamesUltimate video game horrors

24 4429
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Scariest things in video games you know what im talking about those things that went down in history as god awful those things that make you say."DEAR GOD NO!!!"My first nomination is the control scheme for the old Resident Evil games

• 24 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The Necromorphs in Dead Space. Self explanatory.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The shadow of Luigi hanging himself in Luigi's mansion

EvanGeissler
EvanGeissler
2 posts
Nomad

I agree wit [b]nichodemus. necromorphs in deadspace. all of that. the game is straight scary! and where does luigi hang himself? it's been awhile since i've played it

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It takes horror to a new level, because it firstly tampers with our idea of death. Then it unceremoniously injects a gruesome amount of disgust into a concept that we hold dear consciously or unconsciously (The idea that the body should be treated with respect). Thirdly, the amount of gore and carnage as the corpse is twisted into something barely human, yet is recognisable as human, making it all the more frightening as we can relate to the thing. Lastly, who wants to be on an abandoned ship stuck with thousands of those things?

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Godawful? Like Mass Effect 3 endings? Or actual scary / disgusting creatures in games?

I can't say I am offended too much anymore by creatures from the burning hells in games.
I remember playing Diablo1 way back in the day as a child. I think that was probably the most unsettling thing to me back then. All those dead bodies decapitated or hung by hooks all over the place. =\\

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Oh the Diablo II creatures were nauseating back then, especially the end of the first Act in the church. Or that flesh eating mummy in Act II.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

Headcrabs...ugh

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090730194820/aliens/images/2/2f/Fast_Headcrab.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well since im a coward ive never really played a real horror game. but i HAVE played 2 games that are considered horror games.

rule of rose isnt scary and is more disturbing psycholigically i guess. but the begining of the game takes place in a very creepy unsetling dark scenery which made me scared.

and ive also played ib. it has those old graphics like mother and the old final fantasies but there are some jump scares, a creepy story and the music can get scary too. a painting of a lady that suddenly jumps and crawls after you and a particular room with blue dolls are the pretty scary.

again im a coward so i might be on a whole different level.

GhostlyKitten
GhostlyKitten
3 posts
Peasant

I'd have to say anything related to my little pony.

GhostlyKitten
GhostlyKitten
3 posts
Peasant

On a game called: "Hunter: The Reckoning" there is a creepy spider-ish thing that has the hand of someone it ate sticking out of its stomach like it's trying to give you a high-five or something. Is it just me, or is that creepy?

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Pyramid Head. Nothing scarier than having an invincible demon sent from hell chasing after you, and he always pops up at the least expected times.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

The librarians on metro 2033.
http://techcornernsit.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/metro203322010032314084.jpg

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

and where does luigi hang himself? it's been awhile since i've played it

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzMlmEAZtpVsU_5zrYP4GlLOsnDtfg2WLISLhc4W68hS7THjoYnA

Brings about this awesome theory that Luigi is a ghost the entire time yadda yadda yadda

Pyramid Head. Nothing scarier than having an invincible demon sent from hell chasing after you, and he always pops up at the least expected times.

Don't forget his **** tendencies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Hmm. Though i've never played it I must say Slender Man. What is it with him that scares the **** out of people? :P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The fact that you know he is near, yet can't seem to always pinpoint where. And by the time you see him, you know it's far far too late.

Showing 1-15 of 24