ForumsGamesUltimate video game horrors

24 4437
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Scariest things in video games you know what im talking about those things that went down in history as god awful those things that make you say."DEAR GOD NO!!!"My first nomination is the control scheme for the old Resident Evil games

• 24 Replies
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

majoras mask itself, god thats ceepy

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
126 posts
Peasant

Hmm. Though i've never played it I must say Slender Man. What is it with him that scares the **** out of people? :P

thats my choise
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't think I'm remembering 100% correctly, but in old Resident Evil games you needed ink and a typewriter/something else to save. That annoyed the hell out of me, because if I messed up I'd have to restart.

For actual horror, the jump scares. Walking down a hallway then a zombie coming up from behind/side of you. Or you walk passed one and they grab you.

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

The only games I've played that I remember actually getting scared of, were Half Life 2, and The old resident evil games. Half life because it was scary having a bunch of zombies flying all over the place, especially when you had little ammo. The old resident evil games for obvious reasons, zombies and little ammo again.

Wulfehz1234
Wulfehz1234
17 posts
Shepherd

Probably going to be called a dork for this, but still....
Slenderman, in Slender.
Just hate being followed. With creepy music. In the dark.
:X

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Slenderman, in Slender.

Actually quite scary and that teleporting thing is flipping crazy. Try Playing it with a TV and surround sound. It will change a man. The thing that backs it up though are all the marblehornet youtube videos on Slendy.

Then you get my friends all dressed up in morphsuits scaring the crap out of people. Its quite logical to be afraid of slender
artanisofhyrule
artanisofhyrule
3 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of Time's Redeads. Especially to a 3 year old...

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

When I was a really young kid. I used to be scared of Mario 64. At the beginning of the game bowser always made that scary laugh the first time you entered the castle. Well I got so scared of it that I never went in the castle so I always just ran around the outside of the castle.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Dead Space was a real chill. I wanted to play the second part when it was released. Then I just replayed part one to get hold of the story again. Finally, I never started (or even bought) the part because I remembered that creepy immortal thing and was scared to find another ones in the next part.

Showing 16-24 of 24