ForumsThe TavernGeneral MLB thread

37 5990
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Talk about the wonders of MLB on here

(I know there are some of you on here that could chat it up with me *looks towards pick and Gantic*)

• 37 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

THEY'LL DO IT SOMEDAY. I FREAKING KNOW IT.

Their biggest signing the last 2 years was a GM..they aren't making a run anytime soon haha
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

...you do relize I was joking, right? Swisher sucked, but he was a very lively player and a fan favorite. He did terrible at the end of the season/playoffs. I think ichiro is a much better choice.

Swisher's performance in the playoffs was bad enough to be newsworthy, but there are no Dodgers fans (to dig at), so Yankees will have to do. :P

Wasn't Ichiro's performance declining before he was traded to the Yankees?
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I agree the worth might have been a bit of an over-shot..but he is in no way a utility player. With how consistent he has been the past few years he is a great fit for corner outfield spot

He's a consistent .250 hitter, who averages 20hr per season. That is not worth $11 million in my books. Maybe 4 or 5. As for Ichiro, he's getting too old. He's a quality player, but he's past his prime.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

You'd only understand if you loved the underdog.

... I have been a Memphis Grizzlies fan for 5 years. I know... I know. But they are better at b-ball than the cubs are at baseball. Sorry sal, looks like you will be waiting a while.
As for Ichiro, he's getting too old. He's a quality player, but he's past his prime.

*shrugs* We have an old, speedy team now. Moe, Jeter, Petit, Ichiro. Moe will probably have his last season now. Petit might make this and the next. Jeter will stay as long as possible, and ichiro might be gone at the end of this year depending on how he does this season.
Now we wait silently till posada announces his comeback like petit ^.^
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

*shrugs* We have an old, speedy team now. Moe, Jeter, Petit, Ichiro. Moe will probably have his last season now. Petit might make this and the next. Jeter will stay as long as possible, and ichiro might be gone at the end of this year depending on how he does this season. Now we wait silently till posada announces his comeback like petit

LOL, I hope for Yankee fans sake that that doesn't happen. I had a lot of respect for Posada, but ya gotta know when to hang 'em up. Posada was done, Ichiro is almost there. Jeter probably has 2 years left in him if he stays injury free. And then in 5 years they'll all be going to the hall.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

He's a consistent .250 hitter, who averages 20hr per season. That is not worth $11 million in my books. Maybe 4 or 5. As for Ichiro, he's getting too old. He's a quality player, but he's past his prime.

Past 5 years stats (Averaged):
Avg: .257 (last 3 years were .260+..with over 500AB)
Runs: 83.4
2B: 31
HR: 25.8
RBI: 83.6
OBP: .360 (over 100 points from Avg..that's isn't an easy feat)
SLG: 468.2
WAR: 1.92 (brought down heavily due to sketchy fielding)

All Time Rank among batters: 775

Source

Like I said..I agree that the $11mil is an overshot..but don't be selling Swisher short now on his stats
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Alright y'all...serious moments of silence

R.I.P. Stan Musial

R.I.P. Earl Weaver

Both died today..at the ages of 92 and 82, respectively

Showing 31-37 of 37