ForumsGamesMy overated games list

24 5269
Dudes_Are_Dudes
Dudes_Are_Dudes
10 posts
Nomad

Last Stand Series- Don't get me wrong, i LOVE zombie games. But this...it just doesn't go with me. I really don't like the survival physics (Hunger and Thirst) on it, or on any game. And also, the fanbase. I don't understand why so many people like this game. Overall, I give it a 5/10.

There will be more, I haven't thought about everything yet.

• 24 Replies
lol7776
lol7776
35 posts
Nomad

sonny games are overrated total i just give it a 7.5

Hutkihatka
Hutkihatka
10 posts
Nomad

Infectonator serie... I mean its fun and all but every stage is just repetition of same idea one way or another. And there is really not much playing going on is there? You just watch zombies eating people (which is kinda fun, I admit that)

arstenst
arstenst
1 posts
Nomad

[quote] it means you have different tastes. That's also no reason to give it a bad rating.

If you don't like a game, that is a reason to give it a bad rating.[/quote]
I dislike Skyrim, but think it's a good game
I'm able to see past my sentimentality, and realize that my sentiments have nothing to do with the quality of anything
zombiecommander
zombiecommander
14 posts
Nomad

last stand 1 and 2.... its pointless u just stand there and kill

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I liked the first three (or two? Can't recall) parts of LS, but when they blew it up to a gritty survival game, it lost it's sparkle.

I liked the first two as well, but I didn't like the third one only because Jack wasn't the protagonist of the game.

Exit Path 2 is overrated. It has about the same rating as the original, but it's way worse. The only area it improved on was the graphics...

Not to mention that there's too many shortcuts in each of the multiplayer levels that equal "INSTANT WIN!". And the shortcuts don't take much skill and precision to use like in the first Exit Path game.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Deleted off topic attempt to flamebait other users. Try to keep this thread on track and continue talking about what is the most overrated games here on ArmorGames please? Thank you! =)

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

To people who say Sonny and Sonny are overrated, hear me out.

Sure, the actual gameplay is not unique, however it runs very smoothly once you get into it. Visuals and sound effects are top notch.

For me, the best thing about the Sonny series is its immersiveness. Not just because of the plot line, but I'll start with it. Those who started with the first one will know that you're thrust into a world with a character who doesn't remember who he is, is afflicted with a terrible disease and because of this disease is the subject of persecution and hate from total strangers and sinister, mysterious forces are at work to destroy him. That's some pretty intriguing stuff.

My favourite things about it though are the soundtrack by David Orr and the visual art. The music is captivating, and the aftermath theme just sends chills down my spine whenever I hear it. It really makes me feel like I've been absorbed into the world of mystery, fear and uncertainty that Sonny lives in. The visual art, drawings and colours (yeah, I'm British) are beautiful in my opinion, and put me in the mood I assume Krin wants gamers to be in when they play it.

For all those reasons, I always feel a bit sad when people say Sonny's overrated, because I feel they aren't appreciating all the fine details of the game that make it so enjoyable for me.

Anyway, that's just me.

SonOfVader, out.

Emrakul
Emrakul
19 posts
Nomad

Sonny 2 isn't overrated, it's terribly overrated.
I remember few years ago, I found this amazing game called Sonny 2. It had interesting storyline, unique gameplay (at least for me back then) and neat graphics. I instantly fell in love with it.
Few months ago I decided to play it again. Story had serious case of Chris Carter Effect, graphics aren't really that amazing, gameplay was far from unique and combat... Well, that was the biggest disappointment of all. What I remembered as interesting fights requiring a lot of strategy turned out to be "do it my way or no way" type of combat. Many fights rely on single tactic (draining all focus, reversing heal and damage, stunning opponents before they execute uber attack) and therefore on a single skill. If you want to be creative you'll soon find it's not worth it.
At first I wasn't sure if Sonny 2 is just bad, or was it simply that it didn't live up to my nostalgia-inflated expectations. Then I played another old favourite of mine, Epic Battle Fantasy 3. Long story short, it was as epic as first time. So yes, for me Sonny 2 is terribly overrated because it's average at best. I know I'm looking forward to EBF4 (90% complete at the time of writing) and I no longer care about Sonny 3.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

not on AG, but Plazma Burst 2 is overrated, it has horrible controls, massive lag, and a campaign that requires no skill.

on AG, the Facebook games, commonly called mmo games. (if you don't believe me, Dead Zone was originally released for Facebook)

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 16-24 of 24