Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 4:09am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Rednecks at their best.

In what way does "a manufacturing company using modern technology legally" = "rednecks" ?

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 6:08am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,454 posts

Knight

In what way does "a manufacturing company using modern technology legally" = "rednecks" ?

Texans and guns...

Though to be honest, this one isn't really problematic. I mean, the printer and "ink" needed for that are so expensive, and for what? The product is nearly the same as a conventional gun, as it is also made from metal. The real issue with printing guns is printing guns that cannot be detected.

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 7:44pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Texans and guns...

Which is like saying Benelli is the Mafia because Italians and guns...

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 8:51pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Let's keep it on track.

Any more blatantly off-topic posts will be deleted.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 2:53pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

Vehicles are nearly three-times as deadly as firearms. We should probably regulate those first.

I was going to mention something about it doesn't matter how much something is regulated due to people just being idiots/prone to unfortunate incidents.

The obvious sillyness of the first point is that we do regulate cars, quite heavily. I and others have stated on this thread many times that requiring a license to own a gun, pay fees, and having to register it would be no more onerous than the burdens we currently accept without question for driving a car.
And to address the subsequent point about idiots, lets brainstorm the numbers. How many people currently have a car vs how many have a gun. The % of households that own guns is 32-25%. If only 32-35% of american households had a car, its not much of a stretch to imagine that the vehicle fatalities would be pretty drastically different.
Furthermore, we know from experience that how much we regulate cars does translate directly into the accident and fatality numbers... exactly because it affects how many idiots (term used affectionately) will have the chance to have an accident. Teen driving regulations, the national drinking age, even seatbelts, are all examples of regulations that decreased crashes and fatalities. And I'd also like to point out that conservatives protested the seatbelt laws when they were introduced... but that particular assault on personal liberty seems to have fizzled.
Long story short, regulations are possible and do help prevent "people just being idiots/prone to unfortunate incidents."

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 4:28pm

danielo

danielo

1,758 posts

There are no accidents with guns. In a car you can lose your grip, miss a turn, or not stoping in time.

With guns, you pull the trigger. Nice and easy. You do it meaning to take a life.
Many stories about "brave mans" who fight a burgler describe them pulling the gun, shooting the first suprised burgler,and then the fleeing other burgler. Sometime even more then one fleeing person.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 7:09pm

thecode11

thecode11

243 posts

From the 1st page i know nobody will want to carry around a riot shield but what if you have a gun and the other guy too he shots first before you can press the trigger but with a riot shield that bullet will not get through it and you can rush the guy.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 7:16pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Apparently there was an error with my last post, and as such only a fragment of what I intended to post actually posted. I'm going to try and re-create what I intended to post:
--------

There are no accidents with guns. In a car you can lose your grip, miss a turn, or not stoping in time.

With guns, you pull the trigger. Nice and easy. You do it meaning to take a life.

It's people like you that keep on out of this forum.
You're trying to say that every time someone is killed by a firearm it is intentional, yet cars are totally inculpable of being used for intentional harm. Mistakes happen with everything regardless of how 'regulated' they are. Furthermore! You keep on mentioning this non-existant and fictional American "raised to try to be the hero all the time" who is apparently eager to kill anyone for any reason.
Stop with the pathetic straw-man arguments. You're making an imaginary person and summarily taking potshots at him. It's easy to point out alleged weak-spots when you put them there in the first place.
If you want to pursue such baseless and, frankly, stereotypical 'arguments' then make your own thread for it. It has nothing to do with gun regulation in the US.

The % of households that own guns is 32-25%. If only 32-35% of american households had a car, its not much of a stretch to imagine that the vehicle fatalities would be pretty drastically different.

I'm always amazed out how easily dry sarcasm is missed, whether it be spoken or in written word. Even more so when I just finished saying:
"The issue at hand should not be whether or not people ought to own firearms, yet instead should be making ****ed sure that those who own firearms are properly trained in the use of such. For some reason, firearms are not held up to the same strictures as other (arguably) lethal possessions."

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 7:22pm

thecode11

thecode11

243 posts

i'm sorry that's just my opinion ok i kinda understand your meaning.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 7:27pm

thecode11

thecode11

243 posts

also i have much inexperience in everything but i have my opinions and beliefs which are highly debated and not always correct

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!