Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Automatic clock for posting?

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:20pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,344 posts

I've seen several users complaining about the rule being in effect, hence my explanation about why it is there... and I don't think that installing a feature like this adds anything to the forums, other than users being too lazy to not having to click 'refresh' every now and then... sorry, but that's my perspective here. =)

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:47pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,482 posts

Knight

It's not being lazy if there's an inconvenience. It's definitely not a major issue, but it's one of those small ones that can be bothersome.

Say I open three threads, I type a response to the first and submit. Refresh the other two threads to see if there are new posts, then I type another response, but I have to highlight and copy the response then refresh before posting, repeat.

I don't know about you, but when I click on a section I prefer to open all threads that might interest me, instead of opening one at a time. It's a time saver, and if the timer automatically went away it'd save more time.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 3:42am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,344 posts

I completely understand what you mean GOM, even the fact that it can be a time saver here, but I simply don't see any cause for implementing such a feature. I highlight and copy everything before I press submit for years now and it doesn't bother me... =)

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 4:43am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Yes, but I simply do not see any cause not to implement this. Is it that much of a hassle? At least with the whole implementation of AG3 it should be added.

Ever heard of this quote:
-''It's the small stuff that counts.''

It truly does.

Reply to Automatic clock for posting?

You must be logged in to post a reply!