ForumsPopular MediaBest Adult Animated Show

29 15695
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Pretty self explanatory.

Is it South Park? Family Guy?..Futurama? And why?

For me personally, I'd have to go with Family Guy. South Park's humor is a little ehh for me and I've never really been a huge fan of any other animated adult show. Family Guy's been going strong since the late 90's, I believe and Seth McFarlane is a comical genius. It's without a doubt my favorite animated show and one of my favorite shows in general.

• 29 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

aqua TEEN hunger force.

Pretty sure it's called ''Aqua Something You Know Whatever'' now.

Anyways, I have so many.. I'll just post the ones I like cause I can't pick one.

In no particular order:
-Family Guy
-Bob's Burgers
-Beavis and Butt-Head
-The Boondocks
-South Park

There are so many others but man those are good. Also 1337 is right, I love that show too.. And I'm 18 xD
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

-Bob's Burgers

I'm waiting for this and Brickleberry to finally get cancelled...they very much seem like they are both on the edge to. I honestly am not a fan of either..it just seems like they are trying way too hard

Adventure Time

Check please
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

aqua TEEN hunger force.

Forgot about this one. That and Robot Chicken were two of the best shows on Adult Swim. But I haven't watched any new episodes from either in around a year, not even sure if they still make them.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

easily south park.. i been watching it sense i was a kid and its my all time favorite show... sure it offends alot of people but if you cant laugh at yourself once in a while you got some serious life problems . other shows come close like family guy or such but all time its south park

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Ok why do i see Santa Slenderman above me? ... sorry... Uh, animated adult show? uhm? The anime KissXSis. Lmao

xBran
xBran
6 posts
Peasant

Family guy for me is by far the best adult animated cartoon series. The humor, movie references, and the way it appeals to many ages is amazing. The first time i watched family guy I pretty much decided it was way cooler than simpsons. The sexual innuandos and Random Occurences are quite funny. Much better than the overwhelming use of vulgar / inappropriate south park humor.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I like american dad family guy south park my favourite is probably american dad atm also I wouldn't class futurama as an adult show.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

happy tree friends!!

funny ****. xD

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Much better than the overwhelming use of vulgar / inappropriate south park humor.

sooo.... family guy isn't vulgar or inappropriate? (how can comedy be inappropriate anyway? =S )
i think family guy is much more vulgar then south park. the only really vulgar character is cartman really. whit stan and / or kyle mostly going against him.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Family Guy is strongly based on "OMG its so random its funneh" comedy, which is something I can't stand. There are a few moments that are referentially funny (like spoofing famous people), but otherwise I find it annoying. I don't mind the sexual innuendos though - when I want something like that I go to Family Guy.

I used to absolutely love Futurama, but I own every season and have seen every episode at least a dozen times, so I'm a little burnt out on the series. It used to be the only reason I'd watch TV.

The Simpsons contains so many hidden political messages it isn't funny anymore. The episodes were great up until around 2004/2005. After that Matt Groening went crazy with the show.

Beavis and Butt-Head is one of those I'll watch for a few hours to kill an afternoon. If I watch it too often I'll get tired of it because it's so repetitive. I have season one that I bought a year ago, but I've only watched the first two discs so far.

South Park is too outlandish for me. My friends watch it and laugh their blanks off but the humor just doesn't click for me. I get the jokes, it's just that I don't find it funny.

Then again, I'm probably just being too particular.

Adventure Time

Check please

I second that motion.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i think family guy is much more vulgar then south park. the only really vulgar character is cartman really. whit stan and / or kyle mostly going against him.

Have you seen South Park? No way is Family Guy more vulgar
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Have you seen South Park? No way is Family Guy more vulgar

oke, maybe not more. but not less either.
SeaTurtle
SeaTurtle
116 posts
Nomad

King of the Hill for me. I just love the characters and how relatable the show is.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

uhm? The anime KissXSis. Lmao

Oh my god, it was painful to finish that show, but I did it. xD

Well for me, if we're talking American-based adult animated shows like Family Guy and such, I'm a big Beavis and Butthead fan. I have my dad to thank for that one getting me hooked when I was 9. xD I love Futurama, and was so sad when Adult Swim got rid of it since I'm usually too lazy to change the channel from Cartoon Network since I'm a kid's cartoon junkie, as well. (Though very little on there still appeals to me with the crap they're putting out)

A note on my parenthetical thought: Adventure Time and Regular Show can be weird, but I still like the randomness.

If we're allowing for anime from Japan, then I've got a few. After caving in and seeing what the hype was about, I watched Rosario+Vampire and got hooked. Can't wait for a third season. A friend also introduced me to the aforementioned KissXSis and Mayo Chiki at the same time. KissXSis like I said was painful to finish. Mayo Chiki makes me really want a second season, just because I've become such a romantic comedy junkie as of late. I also love the crazy story of Heaven's Lost Property, and the amount of fan service, like a lot of adult-targeted anime have, makes me laugh, as well.

As I was typing all of this, I realized I forgot to mention that Family Guy is awesome. I'm quite the fan of random humor, so pretty much all of the shows mentioned before appeal to me, but I've watched Family Guy longer so I'm a more dedicated fan.

Also, even though it isn't as funny anymore, I have to love The Simpsons. I love Family Guy, and since The Simpsons inspired MacFarlane, I have to love it.
Showing 16-29 of 29