ForumsThe TavernThe Unpopular Opinions thread

15 2635
Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

This is a thread about your opinions. What do you really think about this, your beliefs, etc. Discussions and debates welcome, forum rules still apply.
Not sure if this is the correct section to place this though.

I believe cannabis should stay illegal.
I believe fat kids should be forced to do exercise.
I believe most atheists are trying to be edgy.
I believe that the Westboro baptist church aren't really religious people. They do what they do to make religious people look bad on the general view.
I believe homosexuality is wrong.
Halo 4 is highly overrated. The game is really boring.
The walking dead sucks.
Breaking bad is the best TV show ever made.
The simpsons are boring.
Futurama is a great show.
PS3 and XBOX are basically the same.
Kobe Bryant sucks
Piracy is not bad.
They should implement a law that every gunowner needs to be inspected regularly to avoid murders. [see:the Connecticut shooting]
Girls with colored look great.
Pink is a feminine color.
The "cake is a lie" joke is stupid.
I enjoy school.
Runescape is not a bad game.
I really enjoy Call of Duty games.
4chan is a great site.
bing search tool is not bad.
Basketball is the best sport ever made.
Soccer is boring.

• 15 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Why?

I believe fat kids should be forced to do exercise

What if they aren't fat from simply being inactive?

I believe most atheists are trying to be edgy

Edgy?

I believe that the Westboro baptist church aren't really religious people. They do what they do to make religious people look bad on the general view.

That seems implausible.

Why?

The walking dead sucks.
The simpsons are boring.

These are all personal opinions on relative value/interest.

Not really.

Piracy is not bad.

I presume you mean piracy like downloading music you didn't buy, not attacking trade vessels, murdering the crew, and then selling off your ill gotten goods.

They should implement a law that every gunowner needs to be inspected regularly to avoid murders.

I don't think that would help.

With colored what? Hair? Skin?

Pink is a lighter shade of red. Also, do you think Kirby is girly? He's pink.

Have you ever played Portal? I doubt you would think it was stupid you knew the reference.

I would have agreed with you 6 months ago. Now I don't. The EOC, pay for cash options, mass of bots and scammers, and continuously frivolous updates have changed my mind.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

theres a difference between beliefs, opinions and most importantly facts.

thats under the category of "facts" which is wrong.

this one... well with research im sure it can be seen as "facts"

under facts as well. they either are or not.

They should implement a law that every gunowner needs to be inspected regularly to avoid murders. [see:the Connecticut shooting]

nothing against that.... but im wondering. inspect in what way?

can you define wrong? this one is alittle difficult though. i could claim that drinking water is wrong but... well it isnt, which doesnt make it an opinion anymore but a fact.

now after i annoyed you with my trolling (i really didnt mean it that way even though it screams TROL) comment ill post some of mine.

lets see...

pedophilia is ok (and by this i mean being pedophilic. its something a person cant control and it doesnt make a person bad. of course i think nobody should have sex with children).
18 is too young to join the army in my opinion.
i think french is the most beautiful sounding language.
i personally dont care about bestiality (as long as the animal doesnt get hurt).
i find chicken not tasty.
i find pale skin colour attractive (then again... dark skin colour also attracts me... it all depends if it matches i guess).
i think german is actually one of the most gentlest sounding languages.

hmmm... im not too sure about any more right now. i mostly have different opinions but i cant think of anything else at the moment.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i was going to ignore this but... :3

did you know that pink used to be seen as a mascular colour and blue a feminine colour? in the end, most opinions are made of time and place rather then personality no?
Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

@Kasic,

With colored what? Hair? Skin?

LOL, i meant colored hair. my mistake.

I believe most atheists are trying to be edgy

Edgy?

Edgy is someone trying to fit in, trying to be cool, etc.

Piracy is not bad.

I presume you mean piracy like downloading music you didn't buy, not attacking trade vessels, murdering the crew, and then selling off your ill gotten goods.

Yes. I was talking about downloading music i did not purchase.
Thanks for clearing that out.

Why?

Because a man is a man, not a "man trapped on a womans body" vice-versa.

Why?

Because it is a drug. I know alcohol and cigarettes do much more damage. But people aren't always satisfied, thus, trying other drugs. [see: gateway drug]
This is my ignorant opinion, however.

Pink is a lighter shade of red. Also, do you think Kirby is girly? He's pink.

I lol'd
I used to color-code people.
pink=girl
blue=boy

I would have agreed with you 6 months ago. Now I don't. The EOC, pay for cash options, mass of bots and scammers, and continuously frivolous updates have changed my mind.

I stopped playing that game 2 years ago. However, i still think it is not a bad game.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Edgy is someone trying to fit in, trying to be cool, etc.

I have not seen that in any atheists I've ever met, including myself.

Because a man is a man, not a "man trapped on a womans body" vice-versa.

So? Homosexuality is nothing more than simply having a sexual attraction to someone of the same gender. Gay men aren't necessarily "A woman trapped in a man's body" or the reverse. Even so, what's wrong with that?

But people aren't always satisfied, thus, trying other drugs. [see: gateway drug]

By that logic, you should also be against alcohol and nicotine especially because they are harmful while marijuana is not. The idea of a gateway drug is kind of a slippery slope fallacy in itself anyways.

I stopped playing that game 2 years ago. However, i still think it is not a bad game.

Well, it is now. 2 years ago was its height, right before the massive bot epidemic started far worse than any previous time. Now it's basically pay for items and cash, pay members for 4x exp rates and what not, tons of useless items (cosmetic) and a horrible new combat system that is like WoW except all the skills do the same across classes.
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I refuse to look up the word cannabis....I JUST REFUSE!!!!!

You know how you lose weight is a diet AND exercise. Not just exercise.

Yet another word I am refusing to look up.

Who cares? Really I don't even know what church your talking about.

I believe people who say that are homosexuals in denial.

The walking dead sucks.
The simpsons are boring.
Kobe Bryant sucks
Piracy is not bad

either don't know what your talking about or don't care on most of the things your talking about

Your not the only one who thinks that for the record, finally a opinion that's acually important.

We do not call African American or "black" people colored that's what they called them before poeple like Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks.

Everyone thinks that or at least most girls do.

I haven't heard the joke before but it sounds funny to me.

I enjoy school.

*Happy dance* YES! I'm not the only one anymore!

4chan is a great site.

more dude games that I've never played

I hate Bing search it opens up to many tabs and doesn't find anything I use Google search.

It's the secod best sport on my list. Tennis is my favorite. That's for playing it though if your talking about watching it then I think all sports lack in that department.

Soccer is boring.

only if you are watching or the goally (is that spelled right?)

I believe music inhances the soal of a person
I believe we should stop tricking kids about santa
I believe all machine guns should be illegal unless your job requires them (such as Millitary)
I believe they need to get better sucruity at schools (due to what happened in Connecticut)
I believe the government should stop cutting schools fund.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I believe the government should stop cutting schools fund

No; the US spends more money per student than any other nation other than Luxembourg, and we have nothing to show for it. Rather, the money should be used for better things. For example, my old High School recieved 55,000 USD... to renovate the Cafeteria. Meanwhile, we used computers that were from 2003 and textbooks that averaged a meager eight years old. My math book was worse; it was published in 1996, nearly as old as me.

But as per the whims of the great Michelle Obama, everything is OK just as long as I eat lunch in a pimped out cafeteria, that had nothing wrong with it to begin with. Text books? Computers? Naaaaaaah...
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

there is a difference bettween fat and obese, forcing a "fat" person to do exercise is pretty offensive.

no way

The simpsons are boring.

the simpsons are awesome and futurama is ok

Piracy is not bad.

correct

I enjoy school.

*Happy dance* YES! I'm not the only one anymore!

so that brings the tally up to 2

yup. at least im not alone on that one.

I believe we should stop tricking kids about santa

you could try. it wont work though.

can you define wrong?

Wrong:
1. to be incorrect
2. to be messed up
Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

either don't know what your talking about or don't care on most of the things your talking about

I know what i am talking about.

I believe people who say that are homosexuals in denial.

I can't imagine myself kissing a man. So no, i am not homosexual in denial.

We do not call African American or "black" people colored that's what they called them before poeple like Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks.

I meant girls with colored hair. It was a typo.
MisterMano
MisterMano
6 posts
Nomad

I think it would be less than half. Some stand for what they believe, others think it's cool

My unpopular opinion:
Open access to ALL Vatican files. Absolutely everything that the Catholics are hiding, open for anyone to read.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

The walking dead sucks.
The simpsons are boring.
Kobe Bryant sucks
Piracy is not bad.
I enjoy school.
4chan is a great site.
Soccer is boring.

Your opinions are wrong, and you should feel bad. Did you make this just to make everybody explain why you're wrong? Or because you actually believe half the stuff that you just said?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

You know how you lose weight is a diet AND exercise. Not just exercise.

Diets are nonsense. Ya just need to eat reasonably, and do exercise. But you cannot force people to do exercise, as not all cases are due to lack of exercise.

I believe music inhances the soal of a person

Soul? What is that ****? (Music's great though)

I believe they need to get better sucruity at schools (due to what happened in Connecticut)

Like in Texas, where kids are arrested for pranks and loose all chance to get a regular job when they're grown up? Yup, sounds idyllic.

I think it would be less than half. Some stand for what they believe, others think it's cool

Most are just people that don't care about all that god stuff. But those are often the quiet ones, so hearing only the loud ones may make you think differently.

Open access to ALL Vatican files. Absolutely everything that the Catholics are hiding, open for anyone to read.

Oh yes. I definitely support that.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Nobody should be "forced" to do exercise.
It's like saying we should stuff food down anorexic people.

That isn't the 'unpopular' opinion.

Halo 4 is highly overrated.
The walking dead sucks.
The simpsons are boring.
Kobe Bryant is stupid.
I enjoy school.
4chan is a great site.
Soccer is boring.

Most of them aren't even an 'unpopular' opinion and are just basic preferences.

They should implement a law that every gunowner needs to be inspected regularly to avoid murders.

Many people think this should be a law as well.

I guess that ties in with your 'I don't agree with homosexuality' thing, which in my opinion, is basic ignorance.
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

Diets are nonsense. Ya just need to eat reasonably, and do exercise. But you cannot force people to do exercise, as not all cases are due to lack of exercise.

Dietting is a form of eating reasonabily and I wasn't talking about the stupid diets you on tv all the time. When I say diet I mean eat resonabily

Soul? What is that ****? (Music's great though)

yes I know I sound like a Hippie. Also I know my spelling is crap and that I missed spelled soul. (I'm not sure which point you were getting at)

Like in Texas, where kids are arrested for pranks and loose all chance to get a regular job when they're grown up? Yup, sounds idyllic.

I'm not talking about the kids being the problem. I'm talking about that schools should protect kids from crazy people who go to schools and stab/shoot/kill kids.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

For future reference, you can't just make a list of things without discussing rave one. Because it leads to this. Far too many unneeded questions and then response posts. Such artificially inflates the past count for the thread by having two pages of asking for reasoning and the like, then discussions can begin.

Feel free to do something like this again if you can do it properly.

Showing 1-15 of 15