ForumsThe TavernGame of the Year Award 2012

11 2645
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So, I think generally "What is the best game" threads are frowned upon in Tavern, but here is a rare exception. Voting will begin December 26th, feel free to talk about the games you feel might win.

http://armorgames.com/news/game-of-the-year-awards-2012

• 11 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Alright a contest where games are included this I like.

I think Achievement Unlocked 3 will win, not because of the game but the creator who made the game: John.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Just a question, but how were those games picked from their genres? Scores and number of times played?

InsertHaikuHere
InsertHaikuHere
12 posts
Nomad

For top shooting, I would vote Infectonator 2 because of the fun gameplay, strategy style, zombie infecting fun. It's what you get when you cross a strategy game with gamers favorite topic nowadays: Zombies. Plus, burrito bison is extremely repetetive and not very addicting to me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Just a question, but how were those games picked from their genres? Scores and number of times played?

Says ratings here.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, scores and play times nichodemus.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

So we will be able vote for the top game of each category, and also for the winner of each "battle" in the octagon-of-doom between two games? It's morning here, so my perception of the awards might be a little wonky.

I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Stick War 2/Stick Empires for top strategy, but other than that I'll have to do some research (aka playing games) to figure out some of the others.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Seems like it has the makings of a good annual event, I'll be voting anyway.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Question: how are Decision 2 and Shell Shock Live 2 sports games?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

It means that the top sports games will be picked along with the winner between decision 2 and SSL2. Am I right?

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@soccerdude2: I think you're right. Well, at least that's the way I understand it.

SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

The best MMO should be DotD.

Showing 1-11 of 11