ForumsGamesGame of the Year Award 2012 Launched

79 10817
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

You can start voting for your favorite games.

http://armorgames.com/game-of-the-year-2012/

• 79 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Somehow, I'd say a lot of the votes for Duck Life are because people haven't played much of those other games, out of all of the ones there I played, Duck Life was the worst.

Yep. Sports games are one of the most neglected sections here. Pity.
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I was pretty disappointed with the ShellShock Live 2 vs. Decision 2 vote. I don't like either of them! I just skipped it.

The second vote was an easy one. DuckLife 4 all the way. I'm sure if they had picked better games for the sports category, I still would have voted for this one.

I just noticed that for the Adventure category, Fancy Pants Adventures World 3 and Monsters Den Chronicles are tied. Yet Fancy Pants Adventures World 3 still won. Why?

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

out of all of the ones there I played, Duck Life was the worst.

I have to agree with that. Never liked DuckLife. It gets quite boring after a really short while.

I just noticed that for the Adventure category, Fancy Pants Adventures World 3 and Monsters Den Chronicles are tied. Yet Fancy Pants Adventures World 3 still won. Why?

Maybe if they increased the number of digits, we could see why Fancy Pants won. For example, the results could be 21'1% and 21'0%. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I feel like a lot of decent games from 2012 are missing from this list...

Well, it's based on popularity.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

We got it.

It just wasn't funny.

Knew it, just knew it. People are too serious.

Well, it made me laugh... but just a little

LoL, thanks anyway.

I voted for SSL2 and Duck life.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Voted for Decision 2 and the least bad of the sports games, which in my opinion is Neon Race 2, it's sort of fun. Sports is such a terrible category.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

The first vote was easy. I greatly despises MMO games so I voted for Achievement Unlocked 3.

The second vote was much harder. This is the first vote so far that I didn't immediately know who I was voting for. I knew I wasn't voting for a shark game or Death vs. Monsters, so that knocked off 3 of them. I really like Axon, but you can only play that so many times. That left Into Space and Icy Gifts. At first, I was going for Into Space. But then I remembered that I got board after 10 minutes of playing that and I played Icy Gifts right through.
So that's what I voted for: Achievement Unlocked 3 and Icy Gifts 2.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Why is there only two games as choice?
I would vote for Jacksmith because of the fun concept, the fact that the quality of the construction influence the outcome of the battle and it's so cool to watch the warriors fight with the weapons you forged yourself (you can even see the flaws in them when poorly built).

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Voted for The Last Stand - Dead Zone because I spent more time playing it than Achievement Unlocked.

The second one was a bit harder because I hadn't played any of those games and I had to play them all before voting. I didn't like the shark games and I was bored quite fast with Into Space 2 and Death vs Monstars 2. I really liked the idea of game Axon, but it's a bit limited in terms of replayability. So I ended up voting for Icy Gifts 2 because it was the only game that kept me playing longer.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Once again the first vote was an easy one: Infectionator 2

I have been going through the Puzzle & skill games for the last few weeks and I was surprised by the poor choice of games. Sushi Cat 2 The Great Purrade is an awsome game, Cargo Bridge 2 is an okay game, and all the rest are horrible games. So, of cource I picked Sushi Cat 2 The Great Purrade

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Voted for Infectonator and Sushi Cat, not really familiar with some of those puzzle & skill games.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

NOOOOOOO! I can't believe Achievement Unlocked 3 lost to an MMO.

Infectinator 2 and Sushi Cat.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Decision 2 and the game that deserved a lot more recognition, Symphony.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I can't believe the final match up for 2012, their are many other games that deserved that spot more.

First vote was easy: Infectionator 2

I have all ready expressed my hatred of MMO games, so I am not voting for that category. I really don't see why Dead Zone is so popular....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Infectionator 2 for final voting

The Swords and Potions for MMO (only one I ever played)

Honestly..for tourney..no offense to Infectionator 2 or Dead Zone..but I don't like either of them for Game of the Year..

Showing 46-60 of 79