ForumsWEPRDo you still believe in Santa?

99 34245
Kannaaashi
Kannaaashi
24 posts
Nomad

As I was doing a christmas quest on Maestia I saw the npc of santa. I remembered one christmas that I was so shocked when I received a gift from santa. No one told me to whom it came from but my mom and dad as well as my aunts and uncles said that it was from santa! Weird as it may sound, I still believe in santa until now. You? Do you still believe in Santa?

• 99 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Yes, I do believe satan exists

Santa not Satan. You know, the guy that allegedly brings gifts to the homes of the good children on Christmas Eve? Ho ho ho?

Anyhoo, personally, I never believed in Santa Claus growing up. So ... yeah.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Santa not Satan. You know, the guy that allegedly brings gifts to the homes of the good children on Christmas Eve? Ho ho ho?

Some actually believe Santa is Satan because of this anagram.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/469841_10151178665766872_1894532587_o.jpg
poringslasher
poringslasher
40 posts
Nomad

well, giving gifts anonymously is something that believing in Santa does.
it's is part of worldwide tradition, most of us have grown believing in Santa which makes Christmas really fun especially for the kids. Makes us feel the "magic".

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Anyhoo, personally, I never believed in Santa Claus growing up. So ... yeah.

I read it wrong sorry.
any how, I never believed in santa.
HillOfOak
HillOfOak
10 posts
Nomad

I never believed in Santa, not even as a child. I remember getting in trouble in 2nd grade for telling the other kids that Santa didn't exist. Oh well. I prefer the Roman origins of the whole holiday anyways, wine and orgies.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Bah, humbugs all of you.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The racial implications are there and is the reason why Black Peter was dropped in some later incarnations. Though I'm not sure that was the original reasoning behind making the character a slave.

the racial implications are still a hot debate by foreigners that do not understand the tradition rightly.
in the book of 1945, black peter was also not a slave.
he was the servant of saint nicholas. much like how &quotassepartout " was the servant of &quothileas fogg" in the noval "around the world in eighty days"
more a helper then a slave actually.

There are however other incarnations where he appearance is that of a moor. Modern takes on the charater is often portrayed as a blackface, something considered racist and taboo in the US and Britain.

the picture you posted is about this type?
if so then it just shows me again that the foreigners do not understand the tradition. this black peter is the one whit the story of the chimney.

Bah, humbugs all of you.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

lol it didn't post my reply on that. =S
lets try again xD
here we go!!!

hold on a sec.. microwave is done...

hmmm pizza..

oh where was i *reads back*

ah yea ic,

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

oke... weird. again he didn't post it. =O
(now the joke is gone, thx AG for the edit button. your the source for this triple bust. not me)
====

love u two bicho. =P

poringslasher
poringslasher
40 posts
Nomad

weird. my post yesterday got deleted?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Love you too Party, but at least get my name right!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

oke... weird. again he didn't post it. =O

Did it involve greater-than/less-than signs (the things when you shift+, or shift+.)? Because it blocks those and everything after them due to recent restrictions or something. It kills any joke/sarcasm immediately.

Testing that to be sure:
blahblah insert thingys here < more text
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Huh, it blocked mine here. I'll try it with stuff between 'em when they're facing each other like for coding:

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Love you too Party, but at least get my name right!

whoops, must be the rage that it didn't work and that it was 7am xD
the b is next to the n =)

Did it involve greater-than/less-than signs (the things when you shift+, or shift+.)? Because it blocks those and everything after them due to recent restrictions or something.

ah ic. thats very annoying.
maybe it's to prevent those hack / bot spammers from returning.
in that case i dont mind =P
poringslasher
poringslasher
40 posts
Nomad

you mean there are bot spammers even at forums? what good does that do?

Showing 31-45 of 99