ForumsThe TavernODOAPAI2 Analytical Research

11 2355
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Pronounced Ah-Doe-Ah-Pie-To

Welcome again, folks.

Today I require your help! Yes yours! Get your fingers out of your Cheetos bag and get typing!

Oh, wait, I guess you want to know what to type, huh? You'll also want some background too, I'll bet.

Well, the second edition of ODOAPAI is coming very, very soon, and I need to know what topics to present!

So, what is ODOAPAI, you'll probably ask.

ODOAPAI is a thread targeting EVERY issue relating to AG! The staff, the activity, the community, the spam, the games, the site, everything!

So, I'm basically going to take your suggestions for topics and present them for discussion later on in an entirely different thread.

What were the biggest events since the summer?

What bothers you?

What do you think about, er, stuff?

Go out and discover not only yourself, but some topics to think about!

• 11 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How about that apocalypse thing. I mean people went crazy because of that, right?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Random events (good/bad): John leaving, seasonal armatars reinstated, the slow progress of AG3, new forums, uhh, hmm, ahh, I can't think of any more!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Good:
Community manager
Seasonal armatars
More active forum/new forums/re-naming forums
New mod
Layout changes

Bad:
Little to no AG3 news
AG3 popular idea stickies are gone with no explanation

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

What bothers you?

The timestamps change, it only made forum threads more vague. Instead of minutes/hours posted, we get a date.

Also the lack of an edit button, if they had to change anything with the forum, they could've added one.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't think there's anything particularly bad at hand, certainly there can be improvements, but I'm not miffed by any damaging bugs or flawed designs.

I guess the biggest ''good' is the appointment of Ferret, and the introduction of more MMOs (More users). The seasonal armatars were a thoughtful touch that brought more users together, and hopefully it can be continued. The green button is excellent for tracking people, but it's not much use when so few users frequent the Forums and sneak out of the games.

Forum activity could do with some increments, it's still marginally lower than last year, but that's something we have no control over.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The timestamps change, it only made forum threads more vague. Instead of minutes/hours posted, we get a date.

I don't have that problem. I still get the date and time.

Forum activity could do with some increments, it's still marginally lower than last year, but that's something we have no control over.

Operation Pickle went into that pretty thoroughly, and that sentence you posted about sums up what took 40 pages to find out.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't have that problem. I still get the date and time.

Really? You don't get this:
http://i.imgur.com/g2zU8.png
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

xeano, he's talking about the community page. Not thread pages.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Really? You don't get this:

Got it Sal. Sorry, I thought you were talking about the individual posts. My bad.

But, just to clarify, I do just get the date and not the time.
winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

The strange building next to AG, of course.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That's not very relevant or important.

Anyway, I think I have all the topics I needed. thanks guys. The second Pickle will be up in about 2 weeks.

Showing 1-11 of 11