ForumsWEPRFavorite Religious Scripture

11 5069
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

What is your Favorite Religious Scripture?

I have yet to find mine.

• 11 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

1 Peter 3:15 which states that Christians always need to be able to provide reasons for their faith in a respectful way.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Favorite Religious Scripture

buddhism has always interested me but i never came to fully understand it or able to follow it.
if i was forced to believe i would pick this religion.

greek mythology has some great stories. but it's hard to believe in one god, leave alone so many.

the mayan religion has grabbed me since i wanted to debunk last doomsday. and i now have a few books about it. so that religion is my favorite atm. but buddhism the all time favorite sofar.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I love the Snorra Edda, the myth and tales collection of Nordic mythology. It has some wondrous and often hilarious tales, and it's full of monsters.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I love the Snorra Edda, the myth and tales collection of Nordic mythology. It has some wondrous and often hilarious tales, and it's full of monsters.

sounds like a movie. =P probably longer then a trilogy tho.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I guess some of the Buddhist scripture I have, although they aren't religious, and lean more towards a philosophical slant. Buddha didn't believe in Gods.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The poetic Edda. I just love Norse mythology. It's so amazing and truly captivating. I also like the Silmarillion, but it's not exactly religious.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Hehe, Scripture indeed guys.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Doesn't scripture generally just refer to Christian Biblical writings?

Eh, well I'm not that big on the Bible, so I'll have to say that the Poetic Edda and the Prose Edda are both really interesting works from the standpoint of one not usually so taken by religious history or myths and tales.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Doesn't scripture generally just refer to Christian Biblical writings?

It refers to any text a religion considers sacred.

As for my favorite. I'm not sure I have one.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

There was one I liked when I was a kid. I read it in French and it was a long time ago so I'm not sure if I'll translate it right but here it is from the New Testament::
"Before you take out the splinter in your brother's eye, first take out the beam from yours." I think it's so true.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I love the parts of religious texts that have the very wise words. SSTG mentioned a very good one.

Showing 1-11 of 11