ForumsThe TavernSoccer chat

92 18069
omarzoco
omarzoco
18 posts
Nomad

Well here is where you'll talk about soccer like what's happening in the Barclays league or who's your favorite team or player so let it spill out.

• 92 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Meh, it's either Man City or Man United. Money vs money. It's not a contest anymore.

omarzoco
omarzoco
18 posts
Nomad

Lol money Vs money I think I'm with Man City because David Silva is a cool player so ya but Man U is cool too with Rooney and all those good players.

So who do you think is going to win the next world cup (men) ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Spain. Or Germany. Should be a toss up between these two, since Brazil has been poor recently (Olympics). Italy has an aging squad, and England is still rebuilding. Hopefully the Three Lions will get better over time. Walcott, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ox, Wilshere. Up the Gunners!

omarzoco
omarzoco
18 posts
Nomad

Yes Spain or Germany but also Spain was really poor in the world cup but still Brazil is still behind also aging. England maybe at the Europe cup but you never know. But Spain is aging to aren't they ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Well, they keep springing up new faces. Shouldn't be a problem for them I think.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Manchester United will win the Premier League title, they just know how to grind away at the opposition and push and push until the goal comes. Plus, City are sort of imploding.
United will do it as they have done it many times before.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I think spain will lose euro 2016 but win the next world cup,as for the premier league chelsea could still mount a comeback.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Soccer! I am finding the Premiership exciting. Manchester United appear to be waliking away with it. The big teams are about to enter the third round of the FA Cup. My home town team, Middlesbrough, are playing a nonLeague team, which is a potential banana skin. Soccer is alive and kicking in the UK.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I'm hoping england will start to rise up in the next few years we have quite a lot of young players that should hopefully improve a lot,,

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Meh, it's either Man City or Man United. Money vs money. It's not a contest anymore.

Money vs money would surely be Chelsea vs City? Utd make the most money, but the owners of Chelsea and city make far more available to their managers. And I actually think that City could drop out of the title race. They don't have the mental strength as shown by their embarassing Chamions League performances, and Mancini is running out of ideas and luck as the last game against Sunderland showed.

Walcott, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ox, Wilshere. Up the Gunners!

If Carl Jenkinson ever gets an England cap then I think that's when we will know for sure that England's chances of winning a major tournament are dead. And we won't for some time, not for at least another 20 years. Our grassroots game is at least a generation behind everyone else's and with the so called 'Golden Generation' retiring, we don't really have anyone of quality coming through other than perhaps Wilshere.

I wouldn't bet against Brazil to win it on their home turf, but I wouldn't bet against the Spanish either. I'm going to play safe and plump for the Spaniards, their squad is ridiculously good. Their second XI would probably be better than England's first team, and even the Brazilians don't have that same depth.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Everton is where the game is at. Why is no one seeing everton this season? If everton beats chelsea this weekend (They have a chance) then they'll jump up to at least fourth and maybe even third if tottenham mess up.

Everton is going strong this season and hopefully it'll be champions league for them next year.

Manchester united will win this season. (I hate to admit it, but it is true)

Chelsea is recovering from their november slump and I think whatever happens with them against Everton may dictate the season. If they go down to fifth I think there will be a lot of pressure on the squad and they may just lose a couple of key games.

At the bottom of the table I am loving watching reading at the moment. I don't know why but their style of play is great and even though they aren't doing too well I can see them picking up.

QPR has also been doing bad this season and I can't see why. They seem like a decent side on paper but they can't do well. I really hope they scratch some points up against liverpool though.

We then have west brom which seem to be just too sporadic. I can't see a top four place for them this season.

I don't talk about national teams till the euro or world cup. Obvious choices are spain, germany, england, and portugal.

Also, yes I go for Everton because Fellaini > Hazard any day of the week.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Money vs money would surely be Chelsea vs City? Utd make the most money, but the owners of Chelsea and city make far more available to their managers. And I actually think that City could drop out of the title race. They don't have the mental strength as shown by their embarassing Chamions League performances, and Mancini is running out of ideas and luck as the last game against Sunderland showed.

No. United have quietly spent quite a sum since SAF came. During the derby last year, I remembered calculating the price tags of both teams, surprisingly, United's costs more.

If Carl Jenkinson ever gets an England cap

Spud. He's been magnificent this season.

It's football day!

PS. Fergie is disgusting for calling Newcastle a ''wee club in the NE''.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Whenever I see soccer I think of the ESPN commercial with ManU and Man City. Honestly I cheer for Man City just to piss my friend off. He is a ManU fan.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Same for me. But I hate City too. Poaching our players.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Man United and favorite is probably Persie or Rooney

Showing 1-15 of 92