ForumsThe TavernSoccer chat

92 18065
omarzoco
omarzoco
18 posts
Nomad

Well here is where you'll talk about soccer like what's happening in the Barclays league or who's your favorite team or player so let it spill out.

• 92 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Arsenal is yet to lodge any formal bids with reported targets, according to Wenger. So, I think we can all relax and stop anticipating new transfers and rumors! Arsenal won't be making any signings in this transfer period.
Never would have guessed ...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I've always been ready for that. It's not like Wenger usually signs players in January. I do expect signings after this season though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The magic of the FA Cup. Ahahahaha!

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Yea, lots of cupsets! haha Leeds are through, a tie between Brentford (?) and Chelsea and Liverpool is having trouble against Oldham.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

3-1 Oldham!

Thank God Arsenal won though.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

3-1 Oldham!

I would like to congratulate Oldham. They fully deserve the win and Liverpool were poor because Oldham played so well. Anyway, the cup gives other teams a chance to be in the limelight. Sometimes it is an embarrassment for the so called big clubs and we have had our moments, but this is why the FA Cup is so much fun.
Thank God Arsenal won though.

It was a good win for the Arsenal, this wasn't an easy game. Walcott and Wilshere made the difference.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Now, hopefully Giroud will score, and not just be a flat track bully against mid table clubs.

Oldham, giant slayers. Leeds, pest controller.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Mario Balotelli finally leaves Manchester City for Milan. He'll need to improve as a player at Milan or he'll be found out and the same problems with celebrity status overshadowing his contribution on the pitch will continue.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Brace on his debut. You're a lucky dude supporting AC.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Manchester City losing at Southampton increases the likelyhood of Manchester United winning the Premiership. Hart made a bad goal keeping error. All the Reds need to do now is keep on keeping on and proceed to the title. Mancini looks like a really angry manager.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Almost certain they win. Almost certain that the British press will print backpage titles derailing City's win last year as a blimp, and how they lack the champion mentality blah blah.

tkmax2499
tkmax2499
12 posts
Nomad

United are almost a certainty for the BPL title. I think the World Cup will go to Spain if they keep their team fit. It just takes 1 look at the team of the year to make you think its theirs. Spain are the defence and midfield and with the best goalie in the world would you want to bet against them?

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

So, what do you think of Madrid and Manchester United clash?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I do not watch club soccer but I heard that Madrid was dominating for the first few minutes. I thought that Madrid would win.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Spain are the defence and midfield

Lol, Spain doesn't have the best defence IMO. Alves, in the team of the year really? I would have thought Lahm was a much better fit for one. What about Chiellini, Hummels and Kompany? Those man mountains.

Disappointed with the match. Was hoping Real would thrash those Devils.
Showing 76-90 of 92