ForumsThe TavernApple Products

11 2297
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Do you like Apple products(iPod,iPhone,iPad,etc.)? And also I'm thinking about buying an Apple computer. How good are Apple computers?

• 11 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Pretty much everyone will tell you that apples are the best... I wouldn't know, considering I've only ever used Windows, but, if you have a few thousand to spend on an iMac, go right ahead.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was just thinking about making a thread likes this. Funny.

Anyway, I've owned every Apple product except for the iMac, and I don't intend to buy any of them again except for the iPod Touch and iPod Shuffle.

The iPod Shuffle is the top-of-the-line overall electronic when it comes to durability. I've dropped mine, threw mine, had it go through the washing machine, left it out in the rain, and carried it through hell. It's 6 years old and works perfectly. The price of a mere $50 is fantastic considering the years of use you'll get out of it. The battery can last up to 20 hours of continual use so you might go weeks of use without ever plugging it in. It can only handle 2GB of music and podcasts, and the lack of screen makes it impossible to do anything lots of people consider to be useful, but if you need a long-lasting MP3 player it's the best a man can get.

I hated my iPod Nano. The battery frequently shorted out with no warning. One minute it would say 90% full, and 5 minutes later it'd be down to 10%. Other days it would last all day without a problem. The memory was pretty good considering I was getting 8GB, but videos were sub par on the itty bitty screen. I guess if you magnifying lenses lying around it isn't too bad, but I like my screens nice and large with larger text to go. Otherwise, $150 seemed like a bit when it felt like a Shuffle with a screen. It doesn't do a whole lot.

The Classic wasn't awful, but it was very expensive. On the other hand, i was getting loads of memory, so I guess if you plan on putting ten thousand songs on your next MP3 you'd be willing to go with something like this. It felt like a bit overkill. It just felt like I was buying memory.

I love my iPod Touch. If you have WiFi, you can use it to do anything. It's practically a cheap, portable computer with a spin. The screen is very crisp and bright, and I don't have to smash it to get it to do anything. The weakest, minuscule little scrub suffices. You also don't have to worry about the ever obnoxious iTunes to get it to do anything - the stores are right on there. Apps, Books, Music, Movies, Games, every store imaginable. It even comes with Safari and Chrome in case you want to check on your AG profile on-the-go.

My iPhone was a very recent purchase, so I haven't figured out all of the little quirks and bits yet, but it's pretty much the same as my iPod. one little difference: you can use it when you don't have WiFi. The only problem with that is that you'll end up with mega data bills... especially if you use yours as much as I do. You're much better off getting an iPod Touch, because they can do anything a smartphone can.

My iPad isn't great, but I still like it. I like the huge screen, and some of the apps are pretty cool. I have this one app that turns the screen into a piece of paper, and I can use it to take notes during class. Best part? No more annoying graphite or pen ink all over my wrists! The battery power isn't very good at all though. At best it'll last 3 hours before it'll need 1.5 hours to charge back up to full power.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I loved my Ipod Classic, but it died after 4 years, due to over usage, and stuffing the poor thing with too many songs. It's an excellent product, easy to use, easy to control, and has huge storage space. Size really isn't much of a matter, even though people claim it is.

And I love my Iphone 4 too. It goes wherever I go, rain, shine or snow. It's survived dozens of falls, being dropped in African mud, survived the Gobi desert, and survived me. But you might not want to get it, if you're part of the crowd that thinks Apple product users are conformists. Bah!

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I've never had an iPhone. It's just an iPod Touch with phone and messaging capabilities, and I'm perfectly content with my crappy Blackberry ripoff phone. But I've had an iPod Touch 4 and an iPod Touch 5 (the one I currently possess). The fourth generation one survive two falls, though the screen was messed up like no other. It was temporarily comatose when I accidentally spilled water into the cracks, but somehow, it was revived after the fifth charge attempt. But I had already bought the 5 by then, and I've been very satisfied with it. It's sleek, easy to use, and pretty. Takes some nice pictures and videos, too (way better than the 4).

I also have the "new iPad" (technically the third generation one). It's alright. Didn't want one, but got it anyway. I use it occasionally when it's too much of a hassle to take out my laptop. Picture quality is superb, but the video quality is grainy for some reason. I'm thinking of trading it for an iPad 2 + $100 + $50 Best Buy gift card.

In my opinion, the portable iPods are great, but I'm not a fan of the laptops. They're too expensive, and I'm not familiar with the OS X interface. It's unlikely that I'll get a MacBook or whatever anytime soon, but it is fun to do random **** on the ones my friends have.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

portable iPods are great

portable Apple products*
winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I love my Apple ipad

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I bought my iPod Nano 5th Gen when it was brand new, and I still have it. It still works at 100% and it's constantly on. It only gets turned off when I go to bed usually (I have it dual-hooked to a stereo and a USB wall charger so it never dies :P) As for the iMac, they are great computers, but might be unnecessary depending on what you plan on using it for. What do you plan on using it for?

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Thanks for all of the information.

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I do like

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Apple is over priced for sub par products. Period.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeC25BM9E0

This video blew my mind even though I already knew Apple hadn't invented new things for a while.

Showing 1-11 of 11