ForumsThe TavernNFL Worst Calls This Season

11 2890
SharpshooterAlpha
SharpshooterAlpha
5 posts
Nomad

I'm a huge Packer fan so this might seem a little biased but I'm thinking of the last play of the Sunday Night game in week 3....

• 11 Replies
spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

I agree, however there is at least some degree to which that could be debated. I am a Patriots fan and without a doubt during week 3 against the Ravens when they lost 31-30 because of a ravens missed field goal that the field officials called good. Later video proved the field goal was actually outside of the uprights, however the play was not reviewable because the ball was higher than the uprights at the critical moment. It was also within the last two minutes so no coaches challenges allowed.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The infamous packer vs seahawk last play of the game is probably the worst call. I can't think of any other ones. But remember that was when the college referees were in charge.

Also, that call in the Texans and Colts just now, Andrew Luck's fumble was clearly a fumble, if it was a pass it was a backwards pass. I like the Colts man but that was a bad call.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

1) Why isn't this in the already created thread about this NFL year?

2) Why not just about every call made by the replacement refs (apparently..)

YodaXIII
YodaXIII
4 posts
Nomad

St. Louis Rams vs. New York Jets- A Rams defender was in front of a jet, NOT HOLDONG HIM, and a Ram ran for a touchdown. The ref, who was behind the Jets player(so he could not see) called holding on the ram that the ref could not even see!!!

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

texans lions. justin forsett's thanksgiving run.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Everything in Week 3 was terrible. Just terrible. I've never seen such incompetence in field judging ever. It was sickening to watch.

Any play could have happened but the refs could have called it any other way. Sicking. I really hope those refs are disgusted at themselves.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I'm a huge Packer fan so this might seem a little biased but I'm thinking of the last play of the Sunday Night game in week 3....

Yeah that call was sad... 3 packers had the ball and then there was Golden Tate... I think we all wtf'd at that one buddy ^^
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

last nights game.
ravens at patriots?
ravens win?
this is rediculous.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The call this week in the Falcons 49ers game. It was clearly not a catch but they called it one. Really?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

last nights game.
ravens at patriots?
ravens win?
this is rediculous.

Looks like we have a case of sour apples here... Go Ravens!!

The catch that Skelton threw to Fitzgerald in the Cardinals-Falcons game on fourth down in the fourth quarter was ridiculous. He was inbounds! If they had made that catch, they could have won the game, but oh no, since it's the Cardinals, he was out of bounds... No one likes the Cardinals.
Showing 1-10 of 11