ForumsVideo Games

Assassin's Creed III general discussion

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 5:56am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

- Leonardo da Vinci/cool inventions

Just remembered, there's Benjamin Franklin, but he only appears twice I think. They could've used him as the inventor.

Also, I think I remember while playing as Haytham Franklin said to collect all the Almanac pages then go back to that shop, but is he still there? I haven't collected them all yet, only have about ~10. What happens when you get them all?

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 7:37am

kingjac11

kingjac11

2,620 posts

As for the assassin related things, I still only have that French guy as an assassin. How do you get more? I've done a few missions, doesn't seem like he changes appearance. A great thing about AC2/Brotherhood was that they would move up with rank and it'd show on their clothes, plus you could edit so much of their stuff.

This was very dissapointing I got the french guy up to the Assassin rank and I don't think he even got robes.You get more by liberating areas in Boston and New York.

I just finished the game today and I have to say they are the worlds longest credits.I got so annoyed I rage quit the credits.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 11:57am

Doombreed

Doombreed

3,396 posts

Actually, I don't know about the credits but I think this game has far too many bugs left behind. It's gotta be the buggiest game I've ever played. I had to tail a templar at a point but he stuck and just kept moving around in small circles. I even had seen something totally weird. When i pressed the button to perform a ledge assassination with Haytham once, I was immediately desynchronized with the camera showing the sky and Haytham's body midair. I even had Connor get stuck in the "falling" stance and not being able to move. These things really got on my nerves.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 2:42pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

As for the assassin related things, I still only have that French guy as an assassin. How do you get more? I've done a few missions, doesn't seem like he changes appearance. A great thing about AC2/Brotherhood was that they would move up with rank and it'd show on their clothes, plus you could edit so much of their stuff.

They rank up when you use them to assassinate or riot. If they're successful, they earn XP. You can get more by liberating Templar forts... which is surprisingly easy.

Contracts, don't really understand. I have to walk up to certain people in cities and they tell me what to do, then the assassination itself is so short. In the others you'd have a big list of things you could do, and the assassinations were much more complex.

They get a bit more complex as you do more. You also receive about a dozen at a time.

The weapons, it doesn't seem like I have to change many of them. From the store, the only one I changed was the tomahawk to the shiny dagger. The other weapons I have are better than the ones in store, so no point. I have a sword that I don't remember buying, and it outclasses all the other swords. This pistol I got from a mission and it outclasses all the other pistols. Heavy weapons are worse than my sword... and there are so few of each.

Yeah, weapons are fairly limited. The ones that seem cool are far worse than the ones you already have. The sword you don't remember is a cutlass - an officer's sword that you automatically keep when you kill an officer and pick up his sword. It's the best in the game, despite it being extremely easy to get. It has better stats than even the hidden blades.

Does the health regenerate? Parts of my screen are cut off so I'm not sure, but I don't remember ever seeing a doctor or having to use medicine, so it must regenerate. Feels... too easy. I looked forward to getting money and upgrading armor in previous titles, but in this money doesn't do much of anything. Since the weapons you get are all powerful, the only use is to replenish arrows/ammo and buy map

The health regenerates almost instantly once you go incognito or avoid damage for a few seconds. But yeah, if you get low on health and run away for a few seconds you can kill any size group. It's abusive.

I don't like the money system either. Apparently you're supposed to use it to upgrade your homestead, but it feels kind of pointless. The homestead offers nothing but a little time to blow off.

Just remembered, there's Benjamin Franklin, but he only appears twice I think. They could've used him as the inventor.

They do.

Also, I think I remember while playing as Haytham Franklin said to collect all the Almanac pages then go back to that shop, but is he still there? I haven't collected them all yet, only have about ~10. What happens when you get them all?

He's still there. I think you get an achievement and a whole bunch of money, or something like that.

Actually, I don't know about the credits but I think this game has far too many bugs left behind. It's gotta be the buggiest game I've ever played. I had to tail a templar at a point but he stuck and just kept moving around in small circles. I even had seen something totally weird. When i pressed the button to perform a ledge assassination with Haytham once, I was immediately desynchronized with the camera showing the sky and Haytham's body midair. I even had Connor get stuck in the "falling" stance and not being able to move. These things really got on my nerves.

Ever play Red Dead Redemption? That game had bugs intentionally put in for the player's humor. They're funny bugs, but it's still full of them.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 2:59pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

don't remember

*don't remember buying

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 3:01pm

kevinhex

kevinhex

17 posts

They could have used more Leonardo da Vinci

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 3:28pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,855 posts

It was a good game, the story was a bit short but it was for me only 37% of the game. But I left a bunch of side missions to later and the continuity's worthless. For example, I can start riots against Patriots, and in a Homestead mission an African woman complains that "these men we're killing us in the name of the crown" or something when the men I had liberated her from were Bluecoats.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 7:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

They rank up when you use them to assassinate or riot. If they're successful, they earn XP. You can get more by liberating Templar forts... which is surprisingly easy.

Meh, the way in AC2/Brotherhood was more organised. They also looked like actual assassins with the robes, and once they reached maximum rank you could induct them, showed a nice little cutscene and everything.
I don't like the money system either. Apparently you're supposed to use it to upgrade your homestead, but it feels kind of pointless. The homestead offers nothing but a little time to blow off.

I read you can upgrade your ship, and it's necessary to upgrade to do some of the missions. I didn't do any of the ship missions until last night, but they're fun.
They do.

But does he invent things for you? Things that are useful for an assassin.

What we've learned from AC3 is that the farther into the future you go, the less variety you have. I had a whole bunch of fun playing the story (the game is beautiful) and still do have fun doing the side missions, but those things mentioned about AC2/Brotherhood made it that much more enjoyable.

They'll probably end up making another installment of AC, I think they should go back farther. Seems like there's more variety back then.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 9:08pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I read you can upgrade your ship, and it's necessary to upgrade to do some of the missions. I didn't do any of the ship missions until last night, but they're fun.

I bet you can, considering the mission with protecting the merchant ship and then destroying the fort was next to impossible, and it was only one of the very first ones. You get that cool captain's outfit though.

But does he invent things for you? Things that are useful for an assassin.

You can buy his inventions for your homestead. Most of them are pointless though. Display stuff for the most part.

They'll probably end up making another installment of AC, I think they should go back farther. Seems like there's more variety back then.

They actually had the power to go more in-depth with ACIII. It was Conner's character that screwed everything up. Imagine if you could own slaves, buy land, become a tycoon. It was undoubtedly a time where a man could get rich by buying and expanding. Conner just didn't seem like that type of guy though.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 1:18am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

I bet you can, considering the mission with protecting the merchant ship and then destroying the fort was next to impossible, and it was only one of the very first ones.

That's actually the one I did last night, I didn't find it that difficult. First play through I died due to the fort's cannons, but second time around I took it out within five minutes.

Oh yeah, and I recently discovered the multiplayer has team game modes. I thought it was solely FFA, I've just been using quick match, but why not include team modes there?

Reply to Assassin's Creed III general discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!