ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed III general discussion

87 15065
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This is a general discussion thread for the last installment of the Assassin's Creed series. My general opinion about this game is mediocre, but I've played it enough to support my view. I was hoping to discuss with anyone about this game and since there was no thread about it, you can post here now.

What do you like and don't like in this game?

• 87 Replies
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Am I the only one wanting an Assassin's Creed in the modern day

That's what I thought ACIII would have in large amounts.

That was a disappointment...
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

That's what I thought ACIII would have in large amounts.

That was a disappointment...

I didn't expect it to have such missions at first but the more I played, the more I wondered. After a point, I wished it had more missions in the modern day world. I was disappointed as well.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I didn't expect it to have such missions at first but the more I played, the more I wondered. After a point, I wished it had more missions in the modern day world. I was disappointed as well.

I despised the modern missions. Dragging me out of the fun historical setting like badly smelted metal.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I despised the modern missions. Dragging me out of the fun historical setting like badly smelted metal.

It is true that if you want to play a modern day stealth action game, you don't pick up Assassin's Creed. Most of my friends disliked these missions. However its really a personal belief, you can't just ask why somebody likes/dislikes these quests.
MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

As all the other guys, I played this for the story.

It didn't disappoint me - much.

The story practically was: 3 guys who either tried getting their honor back, vengeance, justice, seeking answers, or freedom/protecting their &quoteople", all three of them did all they could from their early twenties to fourties-fifties, and after eliminating all threat, they had an encounter with the First Civilization telling them that they were mere pawns who have done their work so their descendant from the future could get a message but die to save the world because he ran out of time since those three guys and their respective alliances spent too much time fighting that no time was left to stop the apocalypse.

TL;DR: Their lives were just a waste, and none of them were actually remembered in the future, and being an Assassin is the job of an unemployed person who knows his way with a sword and how to climb. Optional: He should be crazy, like Connor.

And for all the achievement players, they had to go through a 17 minutes long credits to get the end achievement.

I really adored the new features, although the lack of recruiting new assassins, and you could only have 6 of them, and how did you earn them? Why, by liberating parts of New York and Boston of course! And I don't think you can customize their appearances either, although being able to give them contracts on-the-run was a good feature.

Naval warfare was a great feature, so was hunting.

I can't type more, although I seem to have a reply for every question/argument raised.

I'll try when I can.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Naval warfare was a great feature, so was hunting.

As I stated earlier, naval Warfare indeed rocks, despite being so unrealistic.
But with hunting, here is were we disagree. It was totally useless. Absolutely no need to do it. And for me, boring as well. Animals could see you even when you were on trees and you had to waste the scarce arrows you had to kill the small animals (which were the majority). And these small animals didn't have so many goods you could get by skinning. The big reward were the deers, wolfs etc.

Their lives were just a waste, and none of them were actually remembered in the future, and being an Assassin is the job of an unemployed person who knows his way with a sword and how to climb. Optional: He should be crazy, like Connor.

Pretty much you got the big picture.

I want more Middle Ages, without the bloody Crusades. Then, there'd be a lot of assassinations.

As a matter of fact, no. I guess there were very few assassinations. Because the greatest mentors were dead (Alta`i`r, Al-Mualim, etc.) the order must have fallen from their previous glory. Ezio in Revelations reveals that the Assassin Order was reborn in Masyaf but how long did that last?
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

But with hunting, here is were we disagree. It was totally useless. Absolutely no need to do it. And for me, boring as well. Animals could see you even when you were on trees and you had to waste the scarce arrows you had to kill the small animals (which were the majority). And these small animals didn't have so many goods you could get by skinning. The big reward were the deers, wolfs etc.

Animals could see you on trees? Never happened to me before. About the arrows, don't you get them back when you skin them? And if you do lose them, you could get extra from horses? Most of the time, I assassinated animals with the hidden blade, anyway, because It first thought that using arrows would damage the pelt (which I discovered late in the game did not). And beavers also have a huge reward, the second largest if I remember correctly. They are slow, small animals.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Animals could see you on trees? Never happened to me before. About the arrows, don't you get them back when you skin them? And if you do lose them, you could get extra from horses? Most of the time, I assassinated animals with the hidden blade, anyway, because It first thought that using arrows would damage the pelt (which I discovered late in the game did not). And beavers also have a huge reward, the second largest if I remember correctly. They are slow, small animals.

You may be right because I never liked hunting anyway. But it was still boring. And there was no need to do it.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Alright, I give up. I need help.

I'm currently on the mission where Connor chases Lee through the burning ship. I chase him, but if I touch him I get desynchronized. If I jump, I get desynchronized. If I trail behind, I get desynchronized. If I fall in the water, I get desynchronized. If I touch fire, I get desynchronized. If I touch the wall, I get desynchronized. If I climb, I get desynchronized.

I must have tried the mission a dozen times and it never works. Is my game glitched or something? Am I just doing something wrong?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I'm currently on the mission where Connor chases Lee through the burning ship. I chase him, but if I touch him I get desynchronized. If I jump, I get desynchronized. If I trail behind, I get desynchronized. If I fall in the water, I get desynchronized. If I touch fire, I get desynchronized. If I touch the wall, I get desynchronized. If I climb, I get desynchronized.

Your game is totally glitched. That never happened to me. I could touch fire and I would only take damage. Also I've only caught up with him on top of the ship with a cutscene. Additionally, you are bound to climb in order to reach him. Close the PS3 and try it again after some time. It may heal.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Can anyone explain to me the Trinkets that are apparently underground?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Your game is totally glitched. That never happened to me. I could touch fire and I would only take damage. Also I've only caught up with him on top of the ship with a cutscene. Additionally, you are bound to climb in order to reach him. Close the PS3 and try it again after some time. It may heal.

Crap. I was scared that's what happened. Thanks for the info though!

Can anyone explain to me the Trinkets that are apparently underground?

You have to explore the Templar caves in New York and Boston and find the trinkets. It's that simple. To do so, you'll need to find all of the fast travel locations first, which is a major headache.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

You have to explore the Templar caves in New York and Boston and find the trinkets. It's that simple. To do so, you'll need to find all of the fast travel locations first, which is a major headache.

I have to use the underground in the cities to get the Frontier trinkets? Oh dear.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I have to use the underground in the cities to get the Frontier trinkets? Oh dear.

Oh, the Frontier trinkets underground? I thought you meant in the cities.

They're in caves.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh, the Frontier trinkets underground? I thought you meant in the cities.

They're in caves.

I dunno, I never found them. I thought I should star from the easy pickings in the Homestead area.
Showing 46-60 of 87