ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed III general discussion

87 15082
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This is a general discussion thread for the last installment of the Assassin's Creed series. My general opinion about this game is mediocre, but I've played it enough to support my view. I was hoping to discuss with anyone about this game and since there was no thread about it, you can post here now.

What do you like and don't like in this game?

• 87 Replies
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I dunno, I never found them. I thought I should star from the easy pickings in the Homestead area.

For the trinkets underground in the frontier, search in a 50m radius from where the trinket is and look for a cave/tunnel entrance. that's how I found them.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Just to let you know, the underground trinkets took me a few days.

Oh, and I found a glitch: In Boston, if you're ever being pursued by anyone, just hang off the side of a stagecoach, like the peddler's. Most shots miss and your enemies can't pull you off.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Oh, and I found a glitch: In Boston, if you're ever being pursued by anyone, just hang off the side of a stagecoach, like the peddler's. Most shots miss and your enemies can't pull you off.

I have to try that some day. Which reminds me about this pretty scary glitch I had one time. I found a youtube video of it. And that glitch actually happened shortly after this one.

On a side note, did you know that if you whistle behind the mansion... Oh, whatever, here's a video of it.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I hope Ubisoft makes some kind of sea game using the ACIII Naval stuff, but more realistic. That would rock, if I stopped seeing First Rates fly into the wind, frigates practically hover above waves and the idea that ducking down means solid cannon balls do no damage to your hull.

Gobernator
Gobernator
5 posts
Shepherd

The last fight is kind of mediocre, I didn't like the way you kill Charles. I was expecting something more... Impressive? Perhaps bloody?
But I totally liked the combat interface and the new double combos. also the running assassinations.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i didn't expect much of the game. and i'm happy i didn't. now i didn't got disappointed either.
the new way of running looks at 1st more fluent. but is more frustrating at times then the old climbing. it's a + and a - so nothing changed there.
it got a ****load of guns, i really dislike that. it makes me wonder when AC will become a shooter. every single game has more gun then the previus ones and ive been discussed by them ever since AC2 where leonardo introduces them. thats a big -.
the setting is kinda nice. altho i do not like the forest it's a great improvement that we can finally climb in tree's. i could climb a tree when i was 6 but the all mighty free runner / assassin ezio was not able to climb a tree. that was pretty stupid. so the forest gets a + aswell.
as for boston and new york. both city are build in the dutch style of building of that era. to play AC in amsterdam 200 year ago would nearly be the same as new york. =P so itwas allot of fun for me to so much that reminds me from what i still see in amsterdam and many other dutch city's. thats a +.
a big disappointment for me was the lack in amounts of (primary) weapons available. i hope they leave out 80% of the guns next time and gives back allot a weapons for us to use.
the biggest surprise for me were the naval mission. they are very cool and i would have never imagined this to be part of the game. let alone that it's been worked out so well. to bad tho that it aint many missions. it would be great to have a full game of this kind. lets hope they see it the same way.

overal it's a prety good game. sometimes you get bugged by bugs never presented befor in AC and isn't it working as it should. but that doesn't take away the great story and surprising gameplay. it's not worth the full 60 euro. but definably the 25 euro of a 2nd hand.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

where were the tools in New York u were supposed to find for Dave?
anyways, I wish u could open shops like in revelations and I also wish the buildings were bigger. the naval missions were super fun but I wish there were more. also the lack of zip lines. the glitches are also really funny. overall the game is awesome.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

where were the tools in New York u were supposed to find for Dave?
anyways, I wish u could open shops like in revelations and I also wish the buildings were bigger. the naval missions were super fun but I wish there were more. also the lack of zip lines. the glitches are also really funny. overall the game is awesome.

What tools? Who is dave?

You forgot to say why is the game awesome for you. And why on earth would you find the glitches funny? Unless you were really lucky and none of them made you fail a mission (I mean really lucky) you wouldn't say that right?

Anyway, I missed the ziplines as well. But I didn't like the things you could do in cities. Despite having a massive map, in the two cities present there weren't many things to do. You couldn't even buy weapons. Even if there were some optional missions and the like (I never explored them), it was too boring.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What tools? Who is dave?

Big Dave. The homesteader that can build weapons and war supplies both usable for you and available for trade.

And why on earth would you find the glitches funny?

Last night I got stuck inside of a waterwheel.

You couldn't even buy weapons.

What do you mean you couldn't buy weapons? Haven't you tired going to a general store?

Even if there were some optional missions and the like (I never explored them), it was too boring.

I actually found the guild/club missions to be more fun than the actual story missions. Especially Boston Brawlers - that was some fun stuff!
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What do you mean you couldn't buy weapons? Haven't you tired going to a general store?

I love finding general stores after stealing and trying out a new weapon. I bought a Dutch axe but managed to throw it into someone's head :P so I would have to go back to a store to equip another.
The weapons are all neat, I especially like using a sword and double-barrel English pistol, but I want an AC set in the Middle Ages again, or maybe the Roman Empire age.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I bought a Dutch axe but managed to throw it into someone's head :P so I would have to go back to a store to equip another.

Ah, yes. That tricky Y button seems to take all of my axes.

but I want an AC set in the Middle Ages again, or maybe the Roman Empire age.

I have actually thought about this quite a bit, and, frankly, I wouldn't mind an AC set in the American Civil War/Mid-1850's. I mean, think about it; the war was fought in the unrelenting forests and deserts, so you'd have trees and sand dunes to climb. Mexico was at war with the US, so you'd have an outside conflict again. The weapons weren't quite developed yet, but I suppose it'd be more of a shooter.

It would be like an advanced ACIII, and that game had a fantastic setting.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

You mean weapons are sold in general stores? That is a little strange isn't it? I never tried getting there because I never thought it to be possible.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

You mean weapons are sold in general stores? That is a little strange isn't it?

it's the only shop in the game.
tbh, i find it a little strange youve never checked the only shop. xD
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

it's the only shop in the game.
tbh, i find it a little strange youve never checked the only shop. xD

Never had to. It was already too easy and i never had to go buy new weapons. But my argument is also supported by the fact that the best weapon in the game is held by officers and all you have to do is pick it up. So you don't even have to buy weapons, that is why I never tried looking for them at all.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i mend that you never checked out the store out of curiosity.
there must be something to be done whit the money right?
i have to admit i didn't check it befor memory 8 either. but then i had 35k. there must be something to do whit it.

Showing 61-75 of 87