ForumsPopular MediaJeremy Clarkson Good influence or Bad influence?

12 5278
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

What do you think about this controversial writer/Top Gear(U.K.) presenter?
I love his works and I value his opinions

• 12 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I like him on Top Gear, but detest some of his views off air. Claiming that suicide victims on the railways are selfish for delaying others is just disgusting for one.

Hardstylehunt3r
Hardstylehunt3r
4 posts
Nomad

He's awesome, like most brits.
And speaking of Top Gear, shame on Americans for stealing the idea and making it rubbish. Don't expect making an American version of some wicked UK show to make it any better.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Claiming that suicide victims on the railways are selfish for delaying others is just disgusting for one.

I agree that he is controversial and isn't very considerate of others but I agree with the his views on speed and other motor vehicle related arguments.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I agree that he is controversial and isn't very considerate of others but I agree with the his views on speed and other motor vehicle related arguments.

Well yeah, but his mouth can be as loose as Piers Morgan's at times. Their feud is rather entertaining to watch.

And speaking of Top Gear, shame on Americans for stealing the idea and making it rubbish. Don't expect making an American version of some wicked UK show to make it any better.

Agreed. There's only one thing good in that version. Stig.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Claiming that suicide victims on the railways are selfish for delaying others is just disgusting for one.

it is a funny one. xD
i dont they that is his actual opinion (well.. maybe a little) but it's mend as a joke.

germany, australia, france.
the best thing about top gear UK is the personality and humor of the guys. the program itself as concept is not that special. or a 1st.

I agree that he is controversial and isn't very considerate of others

thats what i like so much about him.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

it is a funny one. xD
i dont they that is his actual opinion (well.. maybe a little) but it's mend as a joke.

No, he was completely serious.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

No, he was completely serious.

oh well, everyone has his spoiled ideas. i'm not gonna judge him on something like that. he has a point tho, from the side of the passengers.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Even if he believes it, making it public, especially when suicide rates are so high now, is just unbelievably insensitive and disgusting.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

especially when suicide rates are so high now

are they really higher? or do they get more attention?

anyway, i saw the humor in it.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Clarkson makes a career out of being a boor on TV. He also has some boorish views. You could consider him to be a form of conservative shock-jockey, and the way to interpret everything those guys say is both that they're taking the piss and being completely serious. At the same time. Because the shock jockeys that are being completely serious aren't even vaguely amusing, they're just horrifying.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

are they really higher? or do they get more attention?

anyway, i saw the humor in it.

Yes, they are higher now in the UK. And no, there is not a sliver of laughter in such a situation, and in his words that he didn't mince.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

no, there is not a sliver of laughter in such a situation

not in the situation. but there is in the sentence.
i can't tell for others but it gave me a smile when he said that. i can't help that.
Showing 1-12 of 12