ForumsPopular MediaiUNO! iDOS! iTRE! opinions(Green Day)

4 6074
kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

I think Uno is the best of the three. Though Their new stuff such as these albums arent anywhere near as good as all their albums before 2000

• 4 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Uno and Tre weren't too bad. Uno had some good rhythmic qualities (e.g. Oh Love and Tre had a lot of soft stuff (e.g. the entire album). I felt like Dos should have had more of a feel to it, but instead it felt like mindless, generic energy that was completely transparent.

Though Their new stuff such as these albums arent anywhere near as good as all their albums before 2000

This. It seems like they've burnt out and just write music for money anymore.
kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

lol i liked your choice of words, a song from dookie, burnout. and yes dos should have more feel to it. and nuclear family on uno kinda sounds like welcome to paradise, the first part with the guitar sounds like WTP but in a different key

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Well, one thing I liked about the three albums, besides the fact that it was a trilogy album which I think is cool, was the fact that instead of freaking out over perfect songs being put into one album, they just decided to go with what they had to see if it worked.

I also did like the style they went back to. The albums felt as if the band went back to an earlier sound, though with an undertone of maturity. I like their newest stuff before these three simply because it was from Green Day, but I felt as if they had sold out too much to the modern age. I am a hardcore punk rock fan, and I hate when anyone either changes their sound from punk rock, or goes against the ideals of punk rock by selling out.

Of course, the early albums, albeit young sounding, were the best. However, these new albums give me hope that Green Day, and other bands that have sold out, can revert, and in a good way, but keep the experience they've gained along the way. I won't say these albums were perfect, but they for the most part had a good sound and feel. Though there might have been repetition involved, like you said about Nuclear Family sounding like Welcome to Paradise in a different key, but that's only bound to happen. Especially if the band thinks it works. If it works, recycle it lightly and tweak it to change it for the new use.

Anyway, when I first heard one of the new songs, the song in particular is escaping my mind, I was wondering what I was listening to. Of course, Billie Joe Armstrong's voice is so distinguishable I knew it was him singing, but the song itself--the feel, the sound, the lyrics--confused me. When the magic music box in my car told me it was a new Green Day song, I was glad to see they were trying something a little different, and I hope to see new creative things from Green Day so I can be proud to be a fan. :P

kragnock
kragnock
34 posts
Shepherd

very well stated and yes ive heard a lot of very good repetition in their songs, even lazy bones and 99 revolutions sound the same

Showing 1-4 of 4