ForumsNews and FeedbackNew rating System

18 7115
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

Im stuck in between on whether i like the old rating system out of 10 or the new one out of 100 better. im leaning towards 100 because of the attractive green box its in, what do you guys think?

• 18 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The old system is exactly the same as this, yet just with a decimal point being moved around. 9.4 means a 94 on the new system, 6.5 is a 65 and so on.

They are both equal in my book, and the green box does not help draw my attention seeing as I am colour blind. XD

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

I find the new look to be disconcerting. I liked the old way much better. It was easier for me to read all the scores at once to compare them.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

devoidless, i already got the system lol. but oh, i guess it really doesnt matter to you then. and Tharos, originally i thought the same thing, but the more i use this site since the update the more i start to like the new system. i just wish theyd take away that arcade style joysitick form beside the plays...

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

Another thing though, i find it kinda weird we rate our games out of 10 still yet there displayed as 100. I think we should rate out of 100 now to match the new outlook.

Arrviasto
Arrviasto
3 posts
Shepherd

IMO new 'boxed' look would be better if the colour of the box depended on the rating. You know - green for 90+, yellow for 70-90, orange for 50-70, red for 50 and below.

But I also think that 10 based system was more readable because of number separation (at first eyes were looking for 9s and 8s).

So the colours and 10 system would be the best.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

i like that idea. I think it would be better just to stick to 3 colors, like green for 80+, yellow for 60+ and red for anything below. Just makes it easier to read.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So the colours and 10 system would be the best.

Meh...I prefer this new 100 system. Most people are already used to a 100 scale system from school and such..so I feel it is simpler when figuring out how good a game is

As for the colours..not a bad idea. But I'm cool with the set-up now..I don't have issues with this regarding my colour-blindness =p
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They had a similar colour system in the beta. I wouldn't mind it being implemented.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Same but I am slightly leaning towards the old system but in the end it really doesn't matter to me.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

ya, i think most people are like sasukemystery. Most people will use the site regardless of something like a new rating system. The only thing is its kinda confusing still rating out of 10 then seeing it out of 100..

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I prefer the old system because I'm not used to the 100 scale system and now it looks quite strange to me. But I guess it's just a matter of time and I'll get used to it eventually. Well, I hope so...

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

ya thats how i felt, feels weird but i think eventually ill like it a lot more.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only thing is its kinda confusing still rating out of 10 then seeing it out of 100..

Rating out of 10 is simpler for the rater
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

that is true, plus the rate is just multiplied by 10 technically. It would still be nice if they found a very simple way to rate of 100 though, just for consistency reasons.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I've seen your idea in another post! I really like it, i also agree its more user friendly. Someone should make a topic emphasizing that idea alone.

Showing 1-15 of 18