ForumsSupport ForumA few suggestions for the forums

19 6330
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Hey I made this topic just to address a few things you might consider adding in the future-
1.Skins-Something medievil and cool has a banner that says armorgames Community or Armor chat.
2.Post Count, Members active, and total members trackers, its always good to know who online and its good to keep track of how large our community actaully is.
3.Ranks- it would be cool to have some forum ranks ex-Peasant-1-10 posts, Knight-10-40, Warrior-,40-80,etc. As long as this doesn't get too competitive.
4.Editing Posts, You know I really hate when you don't have a lot of time to say what you mean, or just don't pay enough attention, editing is a essential tool.
5.News Section-For anyone who goes straight the forums it would a good Idea to have the last new posted there where we can comment or whatnot.
6.Improved Moderating-I've noticed as observer that "The Tavern" has become somewhat of a spamming ground.
7. Avatars/sigs people should be able to have their avatars, maybe the images used could be used for ranks.
Thats all I got but please keep these things in mind. This is a great place but I can't help thinking its a little to plain for my taste, as for the website that looks great, keep it up!

• 19 Replies
nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

1.Skins-Something medievil and cool has a banner that says armorgames Community or Armor chat.

Suggested and rejected by a lot.

2.Post Count, Members active, and total members trackers, its always good to know who online and its good to keep track of how large our community actaully is.

There is a post count and yes the people in forums would be a good idea.

3.Ranks- it would be cool to have some forum ranks ex-Peasant-1-10 posts, Knight-10-40, Warrior-,40-80,etc. As long as this doesn't get too competitive.

There are already ranks that the forum posts help to acheive and making more ranks just for forums will lead in more spam.

4.Editing Posts, You know I really hate when you don't have a lot of time to say what you mean, or just don't pay enough attention, editing is a essential tool.

Suggested and is being worked on.

5.News Section-For anyone who goes straight the forums it would a good Idea to have the last new posted there where we can comment or whatnot.

The site has a news section where you can leave comments.

6.Improved Moderating-I've noticed as observer that "The Tavern" has become somewhat of a spamming ground.

Moderators are doing what they can and this cannot be "fixed"

7. Avatars/sigs people should be able to have their avatars, maybe the images used could be used for ranks.

Being worked on.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

about tavern crud its really just annoying I mean I see huge spam threads there like 3 word story people just bombared that one topic with posts and rank up all they want.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

3 word story is a valid thread.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

exactly its nothing but spam fools who want their rank up. might have been closed or deleted but I saw like 20 page(maybe extrageting a bit)thread a while ago.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I believe most of the spamming is going on in the comments on people's pages. Just check out the top ranked users. This week 3 or 4 came out of no where, but there comments are in the 800-900 range. Carlie said that comments on people's pages will soon no longer have point value.

The tavern does not have a lot of spam. As Nykoi1 said, the topics like 3 word story are valid because people follow the rules and find humor to it. Forum games are acceptable as long as they are in the right category. My point is the spam isn't coming from the forums.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

yeah, the game spamming is horrible, but three story allows people to just that make 3 word posts, sure people may find humor in it but its not contrustive at all. what do you think of my other suggestions?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Nykoi1 covered your suggestions well. I am an extremely new moderator and still learning the ropes. I can suggest flagging posts that you believe to be spam. It does get noticed, I promise. Carlie is doing this on top of school, but I have a lot more time than she does. So, if there is a specific issue with it you can show it to me.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

meh, just asking for a second opionion. Ranks would nice since we can't even tell whos a mod, I had no idea that you or one anyone here was a mod since since theres no title.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Some of your suggestions have been mentioned before, as Nykoi1 said and they are being reviewed. But keep them up! New ideas are always welcome.

The ranks that you speak of are soon to come, I am sure. I do think that is a good idea so that the other users know who to contact if there is a problem.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Drognar, I have been keeping watchful eye on threads to make sure that they do not produce spam. We decided that the 3 word story would be ok, and many people are involved in the thread. Spam in the forums is not a very large issue right now, we have been making sure to keep on top of it.

Most of the spam that you find will be in comment form. We try our best to keep it down, but it is pretty much impossible since there are over 20,000 profiles to keep track of, and almost 600 games. That is why we take advantage of the flagging system. It helps us out a lot!

And coming up with different ranks for mods and admins is on the 'To Do' list.

For now, until we build up a bigger team of moderators, everyone flagging is the best thing to cut down on spam.

Pfhortipfhy
Pfhortipfhy
70 posts
Nomad

I have a suggestion: A forum that gives you no points when you post in it. I know I feel uncomfortable posting here, as some of what I have posted has already been deleted I think and there are other things I feel really stupid for saying (how do I became mod?). I may do that a lot, small, worthless comments, but when I do it, I don't want it to seem like it's spamming for points. That's really not my intention, and I'd like not to be misinterpreted.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We would still have to delete posts that we think are spam, whether there were points involved or not. And you may be missing posts because some dead topics, and topics in the wrong sections have been removed.

arod234
arod234
24 posts
Nomad

i think armor games needs cleat vision 1. i have played and have beatin it it is a good game.

i also think armor games needs more shooting games. especially SNIPER games i love sniper games. I MEAN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

As the others said, forum spam is not a problem now, it's comment spam that is making problems because spammers get more points. However, when all the points are taken away for making comments on user's profiles, spammers will look to the forums to gain points.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

True, but there is less to watch over in the forums than in 23,000 profiles. So at least it will make the job more doable.

Showing 1-15 of 19