ForumsNews and Feedback30 second wait time

8 3338
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

It has recently come to my attention that it says yoou must wait 30 seconds to comment again, but in reality you have to refresh your page after 30 seconds to comment. Im just suggesting a way for it to atually count down or at least for the submit button to re-appear after 30 seconds. Most of you might think its no problem, but refreshing the page on some computers such as mine really is a time killer!

• 8 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Refreshing a page is actually pretty simple... when you hit Ctrl and F5, it hard refreshes that page instantly. =)

Normal posting and commenting shouldn't be a problem with this 30 seconds rule as writing a normal post or comment usually takes more than 30 seconds.

If you are complaining about this because you are having chat-like conversations on profiles, then I must advise you to have a look at the rules of this website, because it is not allowed to use the messenger as a chat system.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

i dont use it as a chat system. its just that refreshing on my computer is slow, and i dont care about the time, i just dont want to refresh every time. Id rather stay on the page and be allowed to comment after 30 seconds

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You can wait on the page if you're commenting. If you're posting on the forums you have to refresh.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I know, the problem is the forums though. It's just inconvenient, its not a HUGE issue. But it is something that would be appreciated if fixed.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'd appreciate it too, but you'll need to wait for it to be fixed in one of the updates coming that will upgrade the site. The next updates are going to overhaul everything, and I'll bet the "Wait for 30 seconds" text will be replaced with a timer.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why you would need this unless you have several tabs open.

If you post on a game (For example), you shouldn't be posting on it again after 30 seconds.

If you post on a forum it takes ages for people to reply anyway so that isn't a huge issue.

If you're posting on someone's profile then I suggest waiting more than a minute before answering the question and exploring the website.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

well when the forums are going at it like they do sometimes it would be nice. instead of my computer lagging through a refresh for 2 min.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

@IAgreeWithYou. i totally agree wit u

Showing 1-8 of 8