ForumsThe TavernIn a zombie apocalypse, what weapons would you have and why?

60 12457
GrandmaTaco
GrandmaTaco
1 posts
Nomad

Machete for close combat, Silenced pistol for medium range, Crossbow because it's ****ing awesome and doesn't attract more zombies. Assault rifle for backup

• 60 Replies
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

A modern variant of a Kalashnikov. Powerful, durable, low maintanance, good range. Most modern rifles need regular stripping and cleaning, which is really impractical.
I'd quite like a Smith and Wesson revolver for all my zombie Western fantasies.
And a katana. Lightweight. Silent. Sharp. Strong. Deadly.

scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

I would have a crossbow: silent and accurate.
Ak 47: all round, versatile machine gun.
Katana: for crowds of zombies.
And a silenced five-seven.
Maybe a shotgun, but i would soon run out of ammo.

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

a hatchet, its wieldy small, light and can double as a pretty useful tool
And I'll give props to the AK-47, though loud, its reliable and powerful

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

Take a rocket to space, go to spacestation, arm all satelites with lasers, bombs, nukes, nuclear bombs,

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Rainted
Rainted
7 posts
Nomad

I would have an AK47, because who doesn't love them?
And a desert eagle, because they're ballin'
Either way, i wouldn't survive very long, zombies don't drop ammo in real life :-(

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

Crossbow. Just retrieve the ammo from the zombie's body.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Crossbow. Just retrieve the ammo from the zombie's body.

Requires the same amount of accuracy as a rifle...but takes up a lot of energy when reloading (as well as time)
Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

I would use
1. A Katana for close combat
2. An Assault Rifle for crouds of Zombies
3. 10 or 20 Grenades
4. A bow as backup
5. Glock
6. Shurikens
7. Desert Eagle
8. 4 Machine Pistols

Pokemon and Armor Games for ever
-Arceus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I would use
1. A Katana for close combat
2. An Assault Rifle for crouds of Zombies
3. 10 or 20 Grenades
4. A bow as backup
5. Glock
6. Shurikens
7. Desert Eagle
8. 4 Machine Pistols

3) That is goin to make quite a lot of noise..which could easily alert zombies in the vicinity with much ease

4) Going to need A LOT of accuracy. Even well trained marksmen would be hard-pressed at hitting the head of a zombie while it is in motion

5) Grip is poor..can't remember the name but there is another game of the same design with a much better grip and, I believe, a larger ammo capacity

6) Going to need A LOT of accuracy while at the same time having good throwing strength

7) Why have 2 pistols? Also..loud. No need for the strength since you aren't facing people with body suits on

8) Again..why have multiple pistols? 2 is arguable..but multiple i just asking for trouble..why?

Because of the main thing..you have a lot of weight on you. You need to think of supplies as well,,with all these weapons, you'll be slowed down heavily
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

That or a Smith & Wesson M&P.

I believe it is that one

You should have a primary, a secondary and a melee,

The 2 necessities for weapons are at least one gun/long range weapon (if you have good enough aim for a bow..which is rare and extremely difficult..or think you could handle carrying and reloading a crossbow) and a melee

For gun - easier reload, easier aim, higher capacity, but makes noise

Long range (your best bet is to stick with either bow or crossbow) - silent, but reloading takes time for bother..and for bow you need really good aim. Really good aim

Melee - The 2 best bets are either katana or crowbar
Katana - Light weight, durable, cuts extremely well, and is a reasonable size
Crowbar - Durable, size is good for enclosed spacing especially, and is extremely practical outside of combat
ezio27
ezio27
1 posts
Farmer

well, I would use a primary that would be practical for a person with little training could use. Probably a French foreign legion model Famas F-1. The gun is bullpup framed and easy to load and fire. Ammo is flexible with it as it can take a variety of rounds. a 93r as a secondary and to melee, i would use a lightweight machete.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i would use a lightweight machete.

Like I said before..machetes are only good against one or 2 zombies. Any more and you are begging for trouble
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I would use a mosin nagant with scope and custom camo decals.A colt M1911 because it is reliable powerful and new ones can be fitted with silencer
I would not use a machete axe or baseball bat because you need room to swing for melee instead I would use a bowie knife you know the Arkansas toothpick or a K-bar because they can chop,cut,and stab

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup is pretty good with a 50 pound bow. About 40 shots before he starts getting tired. If it takes more than 40 shots than Killersup is in deeper **** than he thought that he was.

A small hunting pack. Tons of small pockets, with a overall small easy to carry bag.

Killersup was always more of a baseball man. A nice clean solid swing with 32 inch bat will shatter any zombie skull. Plus, Killersup's baseball coaches scream for endurance, so they have drills where the player will see how many solid swings they can have in a minute. The record is close to 30 swings. Easy enough to take up to 4 zombies.

Always a pretty good marksmen with a .357 kept in the house. The ability to hit a 4 inch radius on a paper plate at 50 yards.Decent enough for a pistol.

Main weapon? Mother's specially made 223. semi. A groundhog gun that can reach out 500 yards, with extremely little recoil and little noise. It can hold 15ish shots.

Spots for ammunition? Two places. Killersup lives 15 minutes away from a gun shop by bike. 7 minutes away with a car going slow. If that is some-how gone, then Killersup has a dealer. :P a ammunition dealer. That man is a super-gun fanatic. He has everything, and Killersup is his favorite ^-^.

Spot to leave for once Killersup escapes? Hawaii. The pressure from the ocean would kill any zombies that tried getting their once Killersup was there. There is little to no highly populated areas of people so Killersup will be able to take out places one by one. The trees sprout plenty of fruit naturally. Sunny year 'round. Purrrfect.

What, Killersup is not mad?! He is not obsessed!? Now let him be in his corner of happy...

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

From smallest to biggest
Butane Lighter w/ extra fuel
Small folding knife for basic utility
SOG Combat knife
Kukri
Machete
Frag Grenades
Dessert Eagle
P90
M16A4 w/ underbarrel grenade launcher
Ak47
Flame thrower
RPG
Ford SVT-Raptor w/ extra fuel
I know it's idealistic but it would work.

Showing 31-45 of 60