Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 8:26pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

Well, I currently watched over 700 anime and read twice as much manga...I believe I passed the borders of an otaku and became a God.

ಠ_ಠ

BOW TO ME FOOLISH MORTALS! MWAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!1!!1 >

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 8:41pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

So, uh, any favorites Oh Ruler of anime?

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 11:58pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

Well, I currently watched over 700 anime and read twice as much manga...I believe I passed the borders of an otaku and became a God.

You are funny.

So let's say you watched 700 anime completely. On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150. That would be approximately 105,000 episodes. Considering that each episode is somewhere in the range of 20 minutes, usually anyways. That would be 35000 hours. In a year there is approximately 8765 hours. That would mean you watched anime for about 4 years all together, but that would mean watching it every day for 24 hours straight, so it would probably be more like 8 years. If you read double the manga.. Man.. I'm not even going to get started on that one. Then again you could have watched 1 episode 1 different anime and there you go. Lol.

Was going to ask the same question.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 3:04am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150.

While 700 is likely an exaggeration, I'm going to have to disagree with this. There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability. I can't think of a single anime that I've watched recently that has exceeded 26 episodes.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 3:08am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability.

The benchmarks I've seen are usually this.

12 episodes.
26 episodes.
50 episodes
100 episodes.
150+ episodes.

I can't think of many anime that don't fall into those categories by a significant margin. In my experience, anime that is 12 to 26 episodes long are usually either good or bad, and are fast paced. Anime that are 50 episodes long are usually pretty good and have a decent pace.
100 episodes is usually some sort of adventure/action anime, and anything over that are the really popular ones.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 4:26am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes,so let's just put it at 150.
You are incredibly wrong. The most common anime last about 12 or 13 episodes, with OVAs possibly included with them. Not too mention that from the 700 anime I did watch, I included anime movies that last about on average an hour and 20 minutes. And from the manga that I read, I started manga from when I was seven, so 10+ years I have been reading them and watching anime.

While 700 is likely an exaggeration
You would be surprised. I mentioned 700 because I recently passed that marker, finishing Highschool DxD.

You are funny.
Well, I'd like to think so >.>

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 4:30am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

A God, like myself, does not have favorites. That is, all anime I watched are my favorites, MWAHaahahaahAHA!!! besides, listing 700+ anime is a chore I would like to pass on doing...

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 10:04am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

Okay okay I know. But that's why I put 25-500.

I know most of the anime last 12-25 episodes usually but it's still a large amount of time, but oh well lol.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 10:26am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Well, doing the math based on a 25 episode average, 20 minutes per episodes, and the ten years he said spent on it, it comes down to about an hour and a half a day for the anime. Not too unrealistic, I'd say, for an avid anime/manga fan. I repeat, an avid fan, at best. A long way before you become a God in the anime world, sorry to say :P

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 11:53am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

A long way before you become a God in the anime world, sorry to say :P
WHAT!?!! IT...it cannot be...NO! it can't be...it can't be true... ;_; *goes in a corner*

...Well, now that I had my dreams crushed (I'm looking at you dragonball05) I think I'm gonna question my life and my meaning in this world. Sayonara.

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!