Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 8:04pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

I was watching Hyouka for a little bit. Got up to episode 10. It started off nicely, but it got a bit too slow for me. Does it pick up the pace in the latter half?
Not so much, it doesn't have a main storyline to follow most of the time. Eh.

Also, has anyone watched Gosick? Thoughts?
I have started to watch it about a year ago but got sidetracked 'cause of personal stuff. I plan on finishing it though, and from what I've watched it's pretty solid.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:55pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

I'm going to start reading the Beelzebub manga. It seems interesting enough for me. But can anyone give some input into it?

I'm also watching Bleach again xD. I stopped a long time ago and now I got into it again. I'm still watching One Piece and Ao No Exorcist. Though I'm trying to read the manga for Blue Exorcist before I watch the Anime.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 9:00pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

My favorite Animes
Sword Art Online=Great plot and nice character array.... I only watched Season 1, but I might whatch Season 2 if i get around to it.
Angel Beats= My friend showed this to me.... Only 12 episodes but it has proved to be quite a enjoyable anime too... They have a nice english dub and it can be quite funny at times!
Fate Zero.... I think?=I really don't know what this is called... it is escaping me... But i hooked up my friends I-pod to his TV and watched it on Crunchyroll.... I think there are 2 seasons to this, so 25 episodes. Another nice plot, and you really don't want any of the characters to die but they must...

I'm going to start reading the Beelzebub manga. It seems interesting enough for me. But can anyone give some input into it?

Sry... I don't read much manga, but i might get into it. If Beezlebub is good then try to message me.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 11:20pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

If Beelzebub is good then try to message me.

Sure thing. There is an anime as well though n.n

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 8:53pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

So. I stumbled upon a new anime from this month. It's called, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. I do think it's from a light novel, not completely sure though.

I think the title translates to Archenemy and Hero. Anyways it's kind of about a war between Humans and Demons it seems interesting enough, and I want to get into a fresh anime :P

Anyways, I'll let you guys know how it is. I'm also going to get into D-Gray Man and I'm currently already watching Highschool DxD but I'm only on episode 4. xD So far it's good.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 10:46pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Yeah, Maoyu seems very quality. I think I referenced it a few pages back. I believe it will ultimately be a romance, with war and economics as just a backdrop.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:23pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

I believe it will ultimately be a romance, with war and economics as just a backdrop.

That's fine, I like romance genre in anime. Kind of like SAO. I do hope it has some action in it as well as some comic relief every now and then. I like fantasy anime as well, so it fits nicely.

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 4:40pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

@sourwhatup2

Have you ever watched Clannad? The first season focuses on comedy, whilst the second more on romance and drama, while they both form a masterpiece.
I highly recommend it if you haven't watched it already.

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 7:16pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

I second that recommendation. Clannad is one of the few shows, anime or otherwise, that has made me tear up for episodes. In retrospect, the first season wasn't really THAT great (better-than-average harem, to be honest), but the second season, After Story, is indeed a masterpiece. Only problem with it was the ending, which was, in my opinion, a massive trolling on its viewers. But some people thought it was the best way to end the series. Either way, the rest of After Story is brilliant.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 4:31am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

Have you ever watched Clannad?

Nope, I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

I second that recommendation.

That settles it.. xD

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!