ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61677
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

The Ninja War arc is dragging a bit though, it's like trying to watch Goku vs Frieza. 5 minutes turns into 5 episodes.

Oh boy do I remember that Goku vs Frieza Battle.. Ugh.

You know what, I've never actually gotten into Naruto.. I would always try watching it when I was a bit younger but I always ended up changing the channel. I did watch Shippuden too but Idk.. I guess I'll give it another go and see what happens.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Man I hope they make a second, they ended the first one so abruptly it kind of pissed me off. Apparently there has been talk for years that they are still planning on making a second season just with new artists. I have yet to actually read any confirmation on that, but I do hope it's true.

Very true. I've tried researching a second season for it, but yeah, never found any confirmation.

The Ninja War arc is dragging a bit though, it's like trying to watch Goku vs Frieza. 5 minutes turns into 5 episodes.

Haha, another reason I liked Dragonball better.

Pain vs Jiraiya, anyone?

Definitely one of my favorite parts from Naruto. I just hated what ended up happening to Jiraiya. He was one of my favorite characters..
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I'm on episode 54 of One Piece and it's closing into the Grand Line, and since you said it was way better then the first 40 episodes.. I can't wait.

I think I'm going to start another one as well, just don't know which one to start watching.. And don't say Naruto please xD.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think I'm going to start another one as well, just don't know which one to start watching..

A few good action animes...

Yu Yu Hakusho (think DBZ, except not so extreme or corny or focused on power level).

Shakugan no Shana (action/comedy).

Zatch Bell (action/comedy) Only problem with this one is the anime finishes early with an alternate ending. You want to switch to the manga at around episode 100 or so...

Last Exile. I really liked this one, although it moves slowly at times.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Zatch Bell (action/comedy) Only problem with this one is the anime finishes early with an alternate ending. You want to switch to the manga at around episode 100 or so...

I actually have watched this.. Not completely but I did watch it for a while.

I'll take them into consideration. Thanks
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

i watched mane: naruto (not shipuden) some bleach, inuyasha and others but my top fav are:

clannad
fruits basket
kaleido star
angel beats.
Clannad was um okay (you could say), but the ending got kind of sad and emotional. Angel Beats was my first Anime and then it was Fruits Basket. I liked both of them, but Angel Beats is probably my favorite.
Oh wait, no I won't. Basically every anime that doesn't have action in it is just like watching cartoon characters go to school and act dumb. Or some horrible corny comedy that isn't even funny.
He's right that was basically what Clannad and like all the other ones were about.
You know what, I've never actually gotten into Naruto.. I would always try watching it when I was a bit younger but I always ended up changing the channel. I did watch Shippuden too but Idk.. I guess I'll give it another go and see what happens.
That's like the same thing with me. It has gotten to me more if I watch is a little more.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Manga: Naruto, TWGOK

Anime: SAO

Can anyone recommend mor for manga? I'm running out of reading materials

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Manga.. Hmm..

One Piece
Death Note
Bleach
Berserk
Fairy Tail
Soul Eater

There are just so many to choose from. If you want any info or any other help just ask. xD

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i also read a manga called doubt. its about a game where people have to guess who the "wolf" is. if they are wrong they kill an innocent "rabbit" and the "wolf" kills another one during the night. only that the game turns real. i really liked it.

but i still really recomment battle royale and elfen lied more.

hmmm... i also read one about an island where children are sent for school (because they are orphans i think) and the children realise the adults are killing some of them for some reason. i cant remember the name since it was "(japanese name) island" but if your lucky its a pretty good read.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

That sounds interesting. I love those types of stories too if you noticed xD

Might get into it if I have time.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Which website do you guys read from?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I use MangaHere, I like the organization of the site, that's what attracted me to it in the first place. This is also where I started reading a lot of the manga I read now.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

How bout anime? Cause I use AnimeHere and it's really good

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I use AnimeHere as well but when I want to watch subbed anime. Currently I use Anime Palm for dubbed. Mostly just One Piece. After I finish in dubbed I'll go straight to where I left on in subbed. I hate waiting for the dubbed version to get released.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I recently finished Another, a horror-mystery type of anime. It did a good job of creating a chilling atmosphere, although it was over the top at times. It resorted to a slight deus ex machina to resolve the plot, but it was a solid series nonetheless.

Currently watching Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), which is alright. It has an interesting premise: a dozen psychopaths receive "future diaries" that can predict the future in specific ways. For example, the protagonist's diary predicts the things that happen around him, while another character possess an "escape diary" that allows her to determine escape routes if she gets into trouble. These twelve characters basically have to kill each other until only one is left, and that person becomes the next God of Time. But it's so fraught with plot holes and convenient coincidences that it can get unbearable if you're not one to suspend your disbelief. (For me though, it's actually quite fun to point them out.)

As for some of my favorite series: Steins;Gate, Clannad, Honey and Clover, Nichijou, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Darker than Black. And I just torrent all my ****. NyaaTorrents and BakaBT are usually the best places to go if you want to watch something.

Showing 16-30 of 141