ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61706
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Another, a horror-mystery type of anime.

I'm definitely going to give that a go. I love Horror-mystery xD.

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

Also going to watch it. It seems interesting enough to drag me in.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

hmmm... im actually not too sure XD i only read at work (did you smile? i know you did :3) and since the internet there is bad AND blocked in some sites i just use whatever site i find. i used to use mangareader and mangafox alot but i cant anymore.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Wow, can't believe I forgot this one. The one I'm currently rewatching is one of my favorites since I love detective stuff, evidence given by my awesome complete Sherlock Holmes book.

Detective Conan (Case Closed when translated to English) is an awesome detective manga and anime about a 17 year old super sleuth that when tailing someone looking suspicious at an amusement park, gets knocked out and poisoned. The poison causes him to revert to being the age of an elementary school kid, and is forced to keep his identity secret to prevent the organization that did this to him from finishing the job. He ends up living with his best friend (love interest) since his parents are away. It's full of suspense, drama, and loads and loads of humor. The situations create a lot of funny moments, and I just love it. Started watching when I was a kid, but when it stopped airing on tv, I forgot about it for a while. When I came to college, with nostalgia setting in, I remembered it and have watched through about 100 of the episodes. It's still ongoing, though the creator says he knows how he's gonna end it.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ok that sounds ******.

I'm going to watch that too.. Too much anime and manga to go around D:

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ok that sounds ******.

Let me change that.. xD

''Ok that sounds amazing''
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

MAL is a good site for finding more anime/manga and ordering what you are or what you want to watch.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yeah I used that site for a while until I found others. It was probably one of the first I started using, it was at the time I started getting into anime.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I use gogoanime and goodmanga. Both have a large selection.

Detective Conan

Meh...It was good at first, but I've watched 50 episodes or such and it's basically just a bunch of independent episodes as far as I can tell. Same story every time, it's like Scooby Doo or something.

Unless the story progresses (which if it does, it does so extremely slowly) I'm not going to watch more. Sure, it was good, but I got tired of basically watching the same thing over and over.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I love Detective Conan!
I am definitely going to give Another a go since I love that genre.

For any Naruto readers hear, why isn't the latest chapter out yet?
Maybe they're planning to have one big chapter ending?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Weekly Shonen Jump (the magazine that publishes Naruto) is currently on a break. So you're going to have to wait a few more days until they release the chapters.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up!

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I just finished Mirai Nikki. It started getting pretty good around the second half, and the last few episodes, where everything wraps up and all of the mysteries are resolved, are the best. A few questionable things did happen in the end (though I think it's better explained in the manga), but overall, it was a fun watch.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

(though I think it's better explained in the manga)

Everything is always better explained in the manga xD.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

What are the current mangas you guys are reading?
Please tell me the genre
Might get into FMA or Code Geass but don't know if it's worth it, any ideas?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well currently I took a break from manga, just don't have the time.

I did use to read One Piece, FMA, Fairy Tail, Bleach, etc.

I might try out Ao no Exorcist, I don't know much about it but it's been gaining popularity recently. If anyone would mind describing in detail I would have no problem with that, just no spoilers.

Showing 31-45 of 141