ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61534
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I started reading it. It's pretty good.

It's a supernatural manga though. It has to do with what it says in the title.. An exorcist. Even though I'm an atheist I still enjoy these types of genres.

Remember Constantine.. Ah.. Loved that movie.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Might get into that

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

It's pretty good. I also saw the first episode of the anime and it's not all that bad either.

Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

my favs manga (i dont watch anime)
1 Bleach
2 Naruto
3 Dragonball
4 Dragonball Z
5 Prince of Tennis

Yeah, i dont really have a life

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

I watch anime more than i read any manga. But, i have a few. My most Favorite anime is Eureka 7. I watch it on animefreak.tv. I've even watched the Movie Eureka 7 Pocketful of Rainbows on YouTube. Both are really good. But my next few would be Bleach, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, and Samurai 7.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yeah, i dont really have a life

How does reading manga mean you have no life? I read tons of manga and watch a bunch of anime and I still have time to go out on the weekends, play football, workout, train, etc.

I watch anime more than i read any manga.

Reasonable. I have never seen Eureka 7. The rest are good though, except I'm not really into Naruto.. but meh.

Currently I'm really getting into Ao no Exorcist. It's really good. I won't say much cause it spoils a lot about it. But to sum it up it's about exorcists who try and keep the two realms of real life, Assiah and Gehenna separate from eachother. Demons are from Gehenna and they can cross over to Assiah to possess things and there is a wide variety of different demons and such. So far I've only watched 2 episodes but I'm already pretty far into the manga.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Unless the story progresses (which if it does, it does so extremely slowly) I'm not going to watch more. Sure, it was good, but I got tired of basically watching the same thing over and over.

About Case Closed, if you don't like the rate of story progression in the anime, I've heard the manga is better about getting somewhere with the overall story. Personally I like trying to figure out all of the independent mysteries (especially the multiple part episodes) so I stick to the anime.

Also, new anime a friend showed me...(searches internet for name)...Sakura-sÅ no Pet na Kanojo which translates to...The Pet Girl of Sakura Dormitory.

Based off of a light novel series, the anime follows a boy who got kicked out of the regular dorms for taking in stray cats and trying to find owners for them. The school said to get rid of the cats or go to the dorm for "special" students, which ends up referring to the crazier art students. The teacher that's in charge of watching the dorm has a younger cousin coming in from England(?) to live at the dorm as well, and she's different than the rest (which is saying something when you see these characters :P) After being charged with the task of looking after her, he finds out that being with her, as well as being at the dorm in general, helps him realize what he really wants to do in life and gives him the drive to go for it.

It's a very funny anime from what I've watched so far, and is still ongoing as it's only at I think 14 episodes out of the projected 24.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Also, new anime a friend showed me...(searches internet for name)...Sakura-sÅ no Pet na Kanojo which translates to...The Pet Girl of Sakura Dormitory.

I've been following this one, though I haven't kept up with some of the more recent episodes. Yeah, it's somewhat funny, but I sorta lost interest around the tenth episode. I'd say it's one of the better rom-coms out there though.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Currently I'm really getting into Ao no Exorcist.

Also, I might look into this. I'm looking for an action-adventure kind of series that actually has a decent plot and relatable themes. Nothing like Naruto or Bleach, where you have fights spanning several episodes, and every minor character must have his or her own fight extensively features. I dunno. I haven't found too many anime of that genre that don't resort to hackneyed shounen tropes, unfortunately....
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Also, I might look into this. I'm looking for an action-adventure kind of series that actually has a decent plot and relatable themes.

Well it's definitely for you. It has action and adventure with a spice of supernatural and some comedy. It also has a great plot, and as it starts to branch out it just gets better and better. They also built the introduction of the plot very well. In both the anime and the manga.

Btw the anime and manga are very similar from what I can see, only some slight differences here and there. And those types of anime are rare.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Also, I might look into this. I'm looking for an action-adventure kind of series that actually has a decent plot and relatable themes.

Try Last Exile. It sounds like what you're looking for anyways.
Partymaster3075
Partymaster3075
2 posts
Peasant

I am really looking for animes I've seen sao, fma, fma brotherhood, black butler, soul eater, baka and test, kenichi the mightiest disciple, chromed shelled regios, sands of destruction, and more so many more and I really want to find something but I don't want to watch naruto or bleach

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm looking for anime (or manga) that has really awesome fight scenes and the character in the beginning is kinda weak but then he becomes stronger as the show goes on.

Shakugan no Shana, Zatch Bell, Yu Yu Hakusho, D-Gray.Man, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, and Blue Gender all fit those and are similar to the ones you liked.

I am really looking for animes

See the above. In addition to those, Code Geass, Angel Beats, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Macross Frontier and more than I care to list are good.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

'm looking for anime (or manga) that has really awesome fight scenes and the character in the beginning is kinda weak but then he becomes stronger as the show goes on.

Ao No Exorcist. Not that he is exactly bad at first but he isn't experienced it what he's supposed to do. Plus, he goes against his own kind. When you watch it you will see what I mean.

Bleach is also good. The MC is also weak at the start, I guess..

D-Gray Man. Although it's listed above I'd suggest it as well.

There are many others but I can't think of them right now.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I think I might check out Ao No Exorcist. Thanks man!

No problem man. Recently Ao No Excorcist has become extremely popular. You might really like it. It has a great plot and MC. And they break out the plot very nicely.
Showing 46-60 of 141