ForumsGamesRed Dead Redemption and other open world games

5 3056
JasonMarak
JasonMarak
2 posts
Nomad

I had this game shortly after it was released about 2 years ago. Played it for awhile, got bored with it, sold it.....
I recently got it back and started playing again.
3 days in, bored again.
Does anyone else face this same problem with open world games like this? I have played other RockStar titles, namely the GTA games, and I face the same problem. Skyrim, same problem. Minecraft, same problem. Even Assassin's Creed....
Dramatic sad face....
So, again, does anyone else have this problem or am I just playing it all wrong? D:

• 5 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You could be playing too much. I know that I get bored with games if I play them nearly every day, or if it's the same genre all the time. My advice, take a break from those games and that genre all together.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

My advice, take a break from those games and that genre all together.

best advice you will be getting.

open worlds are fun but it sure would bore me to if the only games i play would be open world games. what would bore me most would be the traveling parts after and during many missions. there are a few games i quited for this reason.
but i never sell a game if i didn't finish it yet (exception for viva pinata)
you will only lose more money if your going to buy it again. your stealing from your own wallet that way.
johnnyboy3636
johnnyboy3636
42 posts
Nomad

My advice, take a break from those games and that genre all together.

That is a good idea. You should play something more linear like battlefield or uncharted.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

That is a good idea. You should play something more linear like battlefield or uncharted.

Exactly this, but not Battlefield. That's definitely a "Multiplayer-only" purchase, as the singleplayer campaign can barely represent how amazing the games mechanics work with its engine.

Uncharted, Half-Life 2, heck, Dishonored is a step in the middle of linear and open-world, moreso linear "sandbox", if you don't want a radical change. If you do want a radical change, however, pick up all five episodes of "The Walking Dead", a point-and-click adventure game that has an immersing power unlike any other game.

-Chillz
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe open world's simply aren't your thing. I loved Oblivion and RDR is my favourite game ever. But that may be because I like my Westerns :P

Showing 1-5 of 5