ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 73368
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Name: Tarren Ward
*Athletic Abilities: Sprinter, Endurance.
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 36/50
*Thirst: 5/10
*Items: Survival Knife, Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows
*Weapons: 3 Time 'Nades, M931 Plasma Pistol [charge 75%]
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [24% ND]
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I attempt to shoot at the front legs with my gun. Then I walk to the side.

~You attempt to shoot at it's legs but end up hitting it a bit higher around the chest area. The bull falls but the plasma eventually eats away at his insides and it dies. Nothing happened. You then hear the same noise you heard before but even louder this time. You feel a heavy warm breath swoop behind you. You cautiously turn around not knowing what to expect. As you look behind you, you notice a gigantic cyborg bull. One leg of it is at least 3 people in height. It has one of those cartoonish rings in it's nose and a has a big sign burned into it's skin on the left side of it's body and it has the initials, ''GZ'' and a fancy logo next to it. The bull stomps it's foot, lowers his head and grabs you with it's mouth and tosses you into the air. You go flying 100's of feet into the air. You are now falling to your death.
[5% Charge]
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Items: Survival Knife, Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

If the bull carcass is still there I try and land on that. If it isn't, then I'll just try to get ontop of the mechanical bull. If I miss both of those then I tuck my body into a ball shape.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 65/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]

(Note: R2's rations should be at 6. I took one of his 7 so I updated mine)

I roll a time nade set at 6 seconds towards its right/middle side (in anticipation of hit at the very least, knocking it off balance) and then take my crossbow and begin shooting a few arrows at the joints of its left legs (the weaker parts of the legs)

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*Hunger: 31/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 6/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i re-load my glock while i get to kenji to help him, doing both as fast as possible.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]
*TEAM: Green

is he close?

if he is close to me i will grab his arm/gun and start fighting for it. if he is too far for that i will unfortauntely have to shoot him

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, detachable claw
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 3 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

I roll a time nade set at 6 seconds towards its right/middle side (in anticipation of hit at the very least, knocking it off balance) and then take my crossbow and begin shooting a few arrows at the joints of its left legs (the weaker parts of the legs)

~You roll the nade towards the right side of the creature and then start to shoot at it's joints. The nade then explodes making the crab unbalanced, it then falls to the floor but quickly gets back up. It seems injured now and the right side of the crab seems to be severely damaged. Before you shoot your crossbow again you notice the crab doing something weird. It lifts up it's claw and points it at you. Well now a huge crab claw is coming for you, it also seems heat seeking... What now?

---------------------------------------

*HP: 92/100
*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

If the bull carcass is still there I try and land on that. If it isn't, then I'll just try to get ontop of the mechanical bull. If I miss both of those then I tuck my body into a ball shape.

~Unfortunately the small bull is already a fine dust due to the plasma that ate away at it. You are right above the cyborg bull so you decide to try and land on it instead. You are successful but the impact was pretty great, you hit your hip causing a lot of pain. You manage to get up and now you are basically sitting on the bull now and the bull noticed and it's not trying to get you off.
[8 HP]

----------------------------------

*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders, 1 Bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each].

if he is close to me i will grab his arm/gun and start fighting for it. if he is too far for that i will unfortauntely have to shoot him

~He's right above you with a gun pointed at your head but instead the enemy tells you something you'll never forget. "Listen buddy boy, I don't want no trouble, I want to get out of here alive as muck as you do. Now, I'm going to let you go, but next time, you might not be as lucky, now get out of here." You open your eyes and accept the offer, it's better to avoid the fighting if anything and maybe next time you'll be on a fair playing field for the both of you. You head out the front door of the cabin and it's seems as if it's dawn. There are still the woods north, the bunker west. You notice something strange in the distance it seems like some weird smoke or something.

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*Thirst: 4/10
*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

"Listen buddy boy, I don't want no trouble, I want to get out of here alive as muck as you do. Now, I'm going to let you go, but next time, you might not be as lucky, now get out of here."

~It seems as if he was planning on attacking you but he realizes that it's better to avoid fights. He walks out the front door and continues on his way. You hear the cyborg coming towards you from the basement.

----------------------------------

*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 2 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears, 6 .40 Bullets.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i re-load my glock while i get to kenji to help him, doing both as fast as possible.

~You reload the gun and head outside. You notice Kenji staring at the enemy. The enemy has taken his coat off and he has armor, guns, swords, etc. He's ready for war. You see some type of weird smoke emitting from him. What's your next move, will you follow up on Kenji's attacks or attack first?

----------------

Missed anyone?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Items: Survival Knife, 2 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 2 Big Empty Water Bottle, 2 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears, 6 .40 Bullets.
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W (w/ Stock) 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i wait for kenji to distract him so i can surprise the enemy while i try to find a weakspot on the armor of this mysterious man so i can figure out a good enough plan to stay alive as long as possible. maybe i have to use all of my weapons this time...

wait a minute, how did i loose a full magazine of bullets when i just switched/swapped the used (but not empty) one against a full one...

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Weapons: Unidentified Small Pistol, Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades

I turn and face the Night Watcher and train my gun at it.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

wait a minute, how did i loose a full magazine of bullets when i just switched/swapped the used (but not empty) one against a full one...

Look in your inventory. At the end.

I turn and face the Night Watcher and train my gun at it.

By this do you mean you point it at the nightwatcher, or something else? Confuzzled. :P
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Items: Survival Knife,  6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

I set a time grenade for 8 seconds, put it somewhere it can stay then jump off, and run.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

2 full Glock Magazines, 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears, 6 .40 Bullets.

Look in your inventory. At the end.

sorry, i did not look at my whole char sheet...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

[quote]*Name: pang tzu
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 1 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

Heat seeking eh?

I grab another time nade, set it for 5 seconds..and chuck it at the center of the crab (dodging the claw flying at me, of course. A dive then tuck and roll to diagonal right)

(upgrading inventory..taking out time nade that blew at its legs, and the one I just threw)

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

is my enemy still close?

if yes i offer him to try and find a way to get out and save us both. but i dont trust him enough to get any closer to him so i will do that from a distance near a place i can run to.

if he isnt i will just head towards the smoke. i dont want to fight but if i can keep an eye on someone theres a lower chance of a surprise attack

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

[quote]I turn and face the Night Watcher and train my gun at it.

By this do you mean you point it at the nightwatcher, or something else? Confuzzled. :P[/quote]

I mean I point my gun at him.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

*Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 15 Arrows

I set a time grenade for 8 seconds, put it somewhere it can stay then jump off, and run.

~You set the nade around the neck area of the bull. You try and get off without getting injured. You successfully jump down and land perfectly. The bull has noticed you're on the ground and is stomping at the floor. Your balance is very off as if there was an earthquake or something. The nade then explodes causing what seems to be massive amounts of damage, blood splatters over you and the floor but you look up and the bull is still stomping at the floor. You see a foot coming your way.

----------------------------------------

*HP: 53/100
*Weapons: dETRA Claw, 1 Time âNades, HT Crossbow Tier 1 [40 Arrows]

Heat seeking eh?

I grab another time nade, set it for 5 seconds..and chuck it at the center of the crab (dodging the claw flying at me, of course. A dive then tuck and roll to diagonal right)

~You quickly toss out the time nade but it was rushed so you don't know exactly where it landed. The claw is way too fast but you manage to kind of dodge it. It hit your arm. You look at the wound and there is a huge gash in the muscle, your left arm is pretty useless for now then but you don't seem to be bleeding out or anything, though there is a lot of blood. You look back and the claw is coming for you again. The nade then explodes, luckily it was near the crab and it caused some critical damage again. It seems you've destroyed most of the outlayer skin protecting the crab.
[12 HP]

------------------------------------------

is my enemy still close?

if yes i offer him to try and find a way to get out and save us both. but i dont trust him enough to get any closer to him so i will do that from a distance near a place i can run to.

if he isnt i will just head towards the smoke. i dont want to fight but if i can keep an eye on someone theres a lower chance of a surprise attack

~He isn't anywhere nearby, he kind of stayed back you assume. You start to head on over to the smokey area. As you arrive you notice 3 people. You recognize 2 of them as players and 1 is unknown, seems to be some type of cyborg or something. This could be your chance to either kill off some enemies and make your life easier or attempt to help them but in the end it could mean life or death. There is a cabin to the left of them. They are in an open field and the 2 players seem to be in a defensive position. The other one seems to be locked and loaded with various weapons and armor. Kind of like a Super Solider of some sort, and he's creating some type of smoke.

I turn and face the Night Watcher and point my gun at it.

~The nightwatcher ignores you and tackles you. He seems to be bleeding out, you should use this to your advantage and hit him where it hurts. The nightwatcher stands up and starts punching you. You are now pinned down.

----------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 64/100
Hunger: 19/50
Thirst: 4/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], Medpacks [3]
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [88% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

Well, great. I think my sword just learned a new ability. I step back, then, clicking on the flames, I swing diagonally in front of me. I hope this does what Ocean's Descent does. If not, I jump through the open window into the cabin.

~You swing the sword and to your surprise it launches a line of fire directly where you swung. It goes charging at the enemy but it soon disappears. It seems like a close to medium range attack. The enemy then throws some stuff at you but you manage to dodge everything except one. It penetrates your skin and expanded. It's now beeping and it expands even more every second. The thorns on them seem like hooks, kind of curved in.
[3 HP]

----------------------------------------------

i wait for kenji to distract him so i can surprise the enemy while i try to find a weakspot on the armor of this mysterious man so i can figure out a good enough plan to stay alive as long as possible. maybe i have to use all of my weapons this time...

~Well Kenji apparently has a new ability with his katana. That kind of distracted the enemy but now he's throwing stuff and Kenji, you have no idea where but you try and get closed to scan around for any weakspots. Well he only has chest armor, everything else is vulnerable. He then looks at you and starts to throw stuff at you too, Kenji got hit by one and it seems it got stuck onto his body.
Showing 421-435 of 550