Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Mini-Mystery 3: Open

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:07pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,004 posts

Yes, all of you are correct. This was a very basic one-step mystery, but it felt good after all the WHINING I got from the other one, Mini-Mystery 2. Too many clues, not enough clues, make up your freakin' mind.

Okay, yeah, this one was easy, but it was a lot of fun to write and it's hard to go really far with not so much space. If I get another idea, I'll post a new one. If you have suggestions, post them on my Profile.

Until then, case closed!

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:11pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

2,844 posts

Nah, I think you just need a balance.

With several suspects and with evidence on all of them but one is definitely the real perpetrator.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:11pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,004 posts

Oh hey! I have a great question for you guys:

If the neighbor had a 12-gauge, why did he blow up the entire house to kill a man? He had the nerve to shoot open the back door and leave the shells. They would be looking for a shotgun. Wrap your heads around it and give me some clues and excuses. Did he forget about the empty shells? Did he plant evidence of bomb material in someone else's house? If so, why not just plant the shotgun and a pair of gloves?

Answers, people!

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:31pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

but it felt good after all the WHINING I got from the other one, Mini-Mystery 2

I feel like this is directed towards me...just want to say I wasn't whining. I was just stating that in a court of law the note wouldn't have been accepted, the case would still be fine though and most likely ruled in the detective's favor for murder

Will get to the great question when I have a chance to read the OP and question haha

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:48pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Oh hey! I have a great question for you guys:

I'm guessing he wasn't a very smart person. The fact that the gun laws are strict to begin with leads me to believe that the person had some background of more criminal situations of some sort, not sure though, again not enough evidence to prove my theory.

Also, with leaving the shells.. He might have actually planted both the shotgun, gloves and C4 material at another persons house, and since there was a 30 minute time frame for him to do that, it would be completely reasonable. But again, not enough hard evidence to back it up.

In any case I liked this, I want more! xD

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 6:51pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,004 posts

there was a 30 minute time frame for him to do that, it would be completely reasonable.

Ah, but he had used a bomb and a shotgun. It would have woken everyone else up. He needed a shotgun to get into the first guy's house. He would have had to blow his way into another house while everyone was awake.

I'm guessing he wasn't a very smart person.

But he was smart enough to make a bomb and plant the evidence in someone else's house (if he did)? Not just anyone can make, or even buy, a bomb. C4 isn't cheap.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 8:02pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Ah, but he had used a bomb and a shotgun. It would have woken everyone else up. He needed a shotgun to get into the first guy's house. He would have had to blow his way into another house while everyone was awake.

That would be true unless he had access to the other house before all that and he had planned it already.

But he was smart enough to make a bomb and plant the evidence in someone else's house (if he did)? Not just anyone can make, or even buy, a bomb. C4 isn't cheap.

If he was smart enough to do all that stuff then he probably wouldn't have done such a mess. It was possible he got all that stuff from someone else, and maybe it is expensive, but a 2 story house and he possibly lives there alone, he could have some money to throw around. But not sure.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 9:30pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

About the new question

He could use the gun to blow open the door..then plant the gun in the house before the explosion..hoping the explosion would destroy the gun evidence

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 6:08pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,004 posts

He could use the gun to blow open the door..then plant the gun in the house before the explosion..hoping the explosion would destroy the gun evidence.

Why waste a perfectly good chance to frame someone else? Plus, the explosion wouldn't completely destroy a gun...unless he left it on top of the bomb. Hmm...that's rather clever.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:33am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

Why waste a perfectly good chance to frame someone else?

Well with this I can tell I was incorrect. But to defend, maybe he wouldn't want to risk getting caught having to break into another house to plant the gun...or go through the hassle of framing someone

Plus, the explosion wouldn't completely destroy a gun...unless he left it on top of the bomb. Hmm...that's rather clever.

Wouldn't completely destroy it..but would damage it enough so that it couldn't be used as evidence or be pointed back to him

Reply to Mini-Mystery 3: Open

You must be logged in to post a reply!