ForumsWEPRHurricane Sandy stories

8 4065
SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

I live on the south shore of Long Island in one of the hardest hit areas.
During the storm I had 4.5 feet of water in my house. Also during the night of the storm my neighbors house caught on fire and my brother and I swam through 6 feet of freezing water to save them. Then the fire department couldn't get to us, because of the flood. My family fought the fire with garden hoses for 8 hours. It is a miracle that I am writing this today, because my house almost burned down. There is a video of the fire on youtube. If you want me to post the name of it I will, but I don't want this to seem like an advertisement.

Share your stories from Hurricane Sandy here.

• 8 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

stories should be told in the tavern. no?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

World Events, party. It's a world event, so it should go in the World Events section.

I wish I had some interesting stories, but the storm missed me by about a dozen states.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

World Events, party. It's a world event

world event? it was east usa only right? xD
i didn't feel a sandy storm over here. xD

and it's so long ago that it's not really a topic for this section anymore.
i think this really belongs in the tavern.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Truth be told, it hit Canada and parts of Greenland as well.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Truth be told, it hit Canada and parts of Greenland as well.

and was that a world event back then? nha... people there are used to harsh weather.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Back then? Wait, what? You mean in November? Not quite sure what you mean.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

Many people here (like me) are still getting their lives together, and as this is the first time I have been on a computer scince the hurricane, I figured others would be in the same situation. You would be amazed how much it helps to talk about it you know.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Back then? Wait, what? You mean in November?

yes november. news go's fast in this world of today. the sandy storm is kinda old already.

You would be amazed how much it helps to talk about it you know.

sure go ahead. i'm not saying there is something wrong whit the topic. just the section it is posted. some mod could move it to the right place. but i doubt that it will happen.
Showing 1-8 of 8