MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

sourwhatup2 Sketch:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps0bcb476e.jpg

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:01pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Ok that's pretty awesome. Only thing I would have to say about it the mouth, it should been flat lined, this way he would look more calm. But nonetheless I love it, thanks. Gj on the dungeon tattoo as well..

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:05pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

My elf could definitely kill your elf.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:07pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Haha yeah right, you wish.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:35pm

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

Oh goody, high output thread!

Don't worry about tyres. It took me ages to get them not looking like they came out of an early 3dFX Windows 95 game. For such a simple object they have a surprising amount of subtlety to them. Same with cars and bikes.

Alright I'll give this a punt. Everybody's going for their OCs so I'll be no different, but mine may pose a bit of a challenge, because Strop is a, um, ninja horse guy. It's easiest to think of him as a cartoon (funny) animal character, but that may not suit your style, so a description follows:

5'11" tall male with a slightly lighter-than-average humanoid build, but has a horse's head, a bristly, voluminous horse tail, and hooves instead of feet (quick reference). As far as horse attributes go he's modelled after a thoroughbred, with typical bay coat, black stockings and a white blaze starting from above his nose to the middle of his forehead. His mane looks like he just got out of bed (and maybe he brushed it into shape hastily), and both his mane and tail are black.

Now at this point I'll give you two choices: 1) ninja Strop 2) Doctor Strop.

Ninja Strop, as you can see, wears a tasteless one-piece coverall. It used to be more than one piece but as time went by now it somehow magically covers him from head to toe (save for an eyeslit, holes for his ears, a hole for his tail, and of course hands and hooves). Nobody knows how he goes to the toilet in that thing (not relevant), or how he procures items from it (cartoon physics). In a nod to the fashion lack-of-sense of Might Guy and his student Rock Lee, as well as the practice of taping the cannons of competition horses, Strop bandages his forearms and lower legs. His main tool of his trade is a longbow almost as tall as he is, and a quiver full of all kinds of weird and wonderful contraptions pretending to be arrows, for all kinds of purposes except actually piercing living targets (see an earlier version).

Doctor Strop, however, thankfully doesn't wear that one-piece at work. He's more of a dress pants, collared shirt, overly-colourful-tie +/- vest/jacket/coat depending on the weather. Here the tools of his trade are stethoscope and pen. He also wears spectacles.

Okay up to you, give it a shot.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:43pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Can I make you a centaur? A NINJA CENTAUR? Holy crap that would be awesome.

Rock Lee was so weird. "Haha I am a ninja! ATTRACTIVE FEMALE! *loses control*" Who was in charge of that place?! It's like "If Japan Was Exactly Like What Teenage Americans Think It's Like", where children grow up to become blood-shedding ninjas at the age of 12 or so and start practice when they're 8.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:48pm

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

You can make a ninja centaur, but it wouldn't be Strop is all. Or you could make a ninja centaur based on Strop. I don't really draw centaurs myself so it'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:24am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

Done. I went ahead and used all three. Top that.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps60793c75.jpg

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:27am

Strop

Strop

11,091 posts

LOOOOOOOL nice effort.

Not that I'm complaining, but since when did I get a sword? If you'd done the bow and arrow as in the description you would have topped yourself.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:30am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,213 posts

I didn't want to top myself. I just wanted to top you. And wearing ninja clothes does not make you a ninja, just as wearing a lab coat does not make you a doctor. You must have a large weapon and a stethoscope.

Obviously.

Reply to Matt's Snap-Sketch request page.

You must be logged in to post a reply!