19 posts
Nomad

i want 2 know what games are good to buy

• 37 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

A good FPS shooter would be Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3 is a good adventure/shooter.

kingslyleee
kingslyleee
6 posts
Nomad

DMC,BL2

bagelover
bagelover
19 posts
Nomad

dude just wanted to know good games gosh

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Dishonored. ACIII if you have money to spend, but Dishonored is worth it. ACIII only just balances itself in terms of good and bad, whereas even Angry Joe liked Dishonored enough for it to get to his top 10.

mucketjones337
mucketjones337
5 posts
Nomad

I know you said you want a shooter game BUT, I think that if you are having trouble thinking of a game then you need to pick up any of the "Legend of Zelda" games. Well... any of them from ocarina of time and on.

HyperSpider
HyperSpider
6 posts
Nomad

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for the PC because it isn't the dumbed-down casual-fest that is Skyrim.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Battletoads

I'm still trying to preorder it but it is out of stock still. :/

For PC you must play Portal or Half life. One of the two.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

team fortress two is free to play and fun and i have played too much of,
if anyone has an ps2 sitll kingdom hearts two is a fun and easy game
kingdoms of amuler reckoning (spelling maybe wrong) is a good game to get
um..... i think any valve game apart from half-life 2 i would suggest
i'm out of ideas for games

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Antichamber.
This game is weird, looks simple but is pretty hard and is just fun to play.
This is a puzzle game which takes place in a world with different rules than ours. If you like puzzle games you should really buy it. Don't watch a LP, speed run or something else because it will ruin the surprises and puzzles, just buy it.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Dark Souls is an absurdly good, very easy-to-grasp, fantasy RPG that's a lot like Skyrim.
Just wanna say that if you are thinking of playing Dark Souls, DON'T play it on PC, it was a bad port that was very laggy for no reason at all (Im able to run alot better looking games with no problems yet that one was insanely laggy) and if you find a patch for it or something, then be aware that the game is almost unplayble without a numberpad.

whereas even Angry Joe liked Dishonored enough for it to get to his top 10.

I didn't really get into dishonored enough to be able to play the whole game (the whole sword combat kindof ruined it for me) but I have to say that the graphics used in that game is not up to par with modern day graphics at all and for some people that may come to be a surprise and in some cases might ruin the game.

I suggest Contra. It's an NES classic. And if you enjoy that game you should play Metal Slug too. They're both run and gun games that I think you will enjoy.

I know that Metal Slug 3 is a good, decently long game, but I don't know about the first one and Contra is quite short, about 20 minutes of gameplay, which basicly isn't close to the gameplay time you'd get on modern games.

For PC you must play Portal or Half life. One of the two.

I quite liked portal, but I wouldn't classify that as a first person shooter since you're shooting portals to complete 3D puzzels, but I still found that game to be quite good and at some times challenging, I would reccoment this game for the pc though because for me I felt more involved in the puzzels when I was playing it on the PC then when I was playing it on the Xbox 360 (I think it was xbox 360)

i think any valve game apart from half-life 2 i would suggest

I just got to ask why do you not like Half Life 2? I found it better the HL 1 because the places you had to go were more clear cut and the environments were definatly larger and had more interactive aspects then in the first game. Also the engine was better with the whole pushing boxes.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

I just got to ask why do you not like Half Life 2?

I found it an waste of my time and it ain't as good as portal 2 and team fortress two, also i don't mind valve delaying half-life 3 cause i won't play it
(i also think CoD is not a good fps)

xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

Skyrim!!!

portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

Check all Valve's games out, maybe start with Half-Life 1 and play them all through. I spend a lot of time on PC playing games and no other games have been as good. Play them completely through not just test out and say it's bad.

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

Steam does have very excellent games for cheep. Bastion on steam is a truly beautiful game. If you have a good computer for online, Minecraft is something to look in to.
As far as Shooters, there are the very fun yet still violent Ratchet and Clank games and Jak and Daxter Games for PlayStation2/PlayStation3/PSP. I will highly recommend those any day.
If you want classical games, the Original Sonic the Hedgehog as well as Sonic 2 + 3 are excellent. You can get them on Genesis as well as PC and PlayStation2/Gamecube in Sonic Gems collections (which has a lot of other good Sonic games)

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

I beat Dark Souls actually is a really cool fun game. Anyway I really enjoyed Farcry 3 and think it's a good pick up for most people's tastes.

Showing 16-30 of 37