ForumsPopular MediaWho is your favorite dubstep DJ?

13 7095
Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

I like dubstep,and i know others do to, i havent seen this kind of post but it might be outthere, but just saying, i like zomboy and this guy, this is the url for his page: https://soundcloud.com/unnamed-10 check him out please!

• 13 Replies
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Bassnectar is my favorite.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I like-hate dubstep. I am a H@t3r. Suck it!

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I like-hate dubstep. I am a H@t3r. Suck it!

Then why did you comment here if you whatever dubstep....
I think skrillex is a great DJ
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I think skrillex is a great DJ

Except he doesn't mainly do dubstep, and his dubstep, at least in my opinion, is bad. .-.

I think dubstep in general isn't that good, but some DJ's can pull it off. Especially those that mix it in with a few other genres.

Don't have any fav's though.
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I think dubstep in general isn't that good, but some DJ's can pull it off. Especially those that mix it in with a few other genres.

That's actually a valid point. If I were to choose to go to a Skrillex concert or a concert to a more mellow Dubstep DJ (in my opinion) like Bassnectar because its more fluid then random chaos as sometimes Skrillex can be. (Even though I'd never go to a dubstep concert)

Really you think he's bad? I mean, I don't think he's perfect at what he does, but you gotta admit some of his tracks are pretty awesome. (e.g. Cinema, My name is Skrillex, and others I can't think at the top of my head right now.)

Cinema, though, I think was a cover, although he's widely known as having it be 'his song'.

Except he doesn't mainly do dubstep, and his dubstep, at least in my opinion, is bad

Are you talking about the band Skrillex was in? I really don't think he does that anymore, considering he's widely known as a DJ artist. So he must be good to alot of people if he quit his career in singing and went to DJ-ing.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I wasn't really into Dubstep until this weekend lol... When I began listening to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, Kill Everybody, and Bangarang. Those three Skrillex songs hit the spot =)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Except he doesn't mainly do dubstep, and his dubstep, at least in my opinion, is bad. .-.

To break it down more..Skrillex is actually more Glitch Hop. Many people think he is dubstep primarily due to the "wubs" he uses..which can be used in many many genres.

Skrillex as dubstep - bad. Due to his not being in the genre

Skrillex as glitch hop - Good. Although, glitch hop is not my kind of music due to its nearly complete randomness in its "noises"
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Really you think he's bad?

I just said that he's bad in dubstep because it's not his genre. Lol.

Cinema, though, I think was a cover, although he's widely known as having it be 'his song'.

Correct, originally if I'm correct it's Benny Benassi.

So he must be good to alot of people if he quit his career in singing and went to DJ-ing.

Eh, just some mainstream stuff that worked out for him. Imo I don't like him, but to each his own.

When I began listening to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, Kill Everybody, and Bangarang. Those three Skrillex songs hit the spot =)

Again. No. .-. pang explained it already.
Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

Thanks everyone, but the only new person i got was bassnectar. thanks anyway, he's really good!

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

Subscape ,Seven Lions, Ramses and Obsidia

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Skrillex as glitch hop - Good. Although, glitch hop is not my kind of music due to its nearly complete randomness in its "noises"

Scratch this. Skrillex is bro-step.

Glitch hop has more uniformity and purpose with the "noises"..and I actually enjoy it.

Weird, though..because bro-step, in the grand-scheme of things..is essentially a mix between dubstep and glitch-hop. I like dubstep, I like glitch-hop, I hate bro-step
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Skrillex as dubstep - bad. Due to his not being in the genre
Techno? Skrillex is definitely techno.

Dubstep is not a discrete genre. Attempting to categorize something as bizarrely specific as "glitch-hop" into its own genre is hardly a productive way of thinking. If you want to break things down into further, smaller categories, that's fine, but denying that they exist in the same genre is silly. It might be useful to break things down further, but you need to think in hierarchies.

Oh, and metal is a subgenre of rock. thisentirepostmayormaynotbewrittensolelytotrollyouonthatpoint
Showing 1-12 of 13